☼NINE☽

I woke up hot and to a heavy feeling on my chest,  sunlight shining in my eyes

Conrad.

We were naked tangled in my covers as his arms were wrapped around my body, his head on my stomach. This was nice. Last night was nice, hell it was fucking amazing. And Tatum is gonna ring me for every last detail.

I sigh running my fingers through his hair enjoying the moment as it is. We weren't little kids anymore, not even close. It hurts that a part of him lost hope, but I can't blame him. I left with a word because I was scared that I truly would never see him again.

His beautiful eyes that lit up every time they locked on mine. Or the passion I saw in them when they picked up a football. Or hear his laugh when we had done something stupid. Or his smile that left me breathless.

We could have facetimed.

But it wouldn't have been the same. Because the thing I would have missed the most would have been his touch. So I chose to be selfish, if I couldn't have that one thing from him then I didn't want anything.

Crazy, I know. But that's just how I was wired.

My sweet, beautiful boy. I had left him alone with the thought that he would never be enough. Fighting so hard to take care of everyone else, forgetting to buy himself first sometimes.

"Mhm, morning." Conrad mumbled against my skin as I continued to play with his hair. "Morning." I smiled down at him, only to find him already looking up at me.

His eyes, I loved when they looked at me. Because I could see how much he cared for me, just by looking in them. "I love you." Conrad breathes, "I love you too." I smile leaning down and connecting our lips.

"Starlight, will you and Conrad be joining us for breakfast? It is your big day after all." My mother's voice made me and Conrad both jump.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned as I slipped out of bed and looked around for some clean clothes. "I'm not stupid, I'm your mother. And mother's always know. Plus his car is outside and the engine is cold. At least tell me you used protection."

"We'll be down in a minute mom!" I groan in embarrassment. "Good morning Conrad." "Morning Miss Garcia." "Mom!"

"I'm going, I'm going." Turning around, Conrad was dressed in clothes from last night again as I pulled on some sweatpants and a hoodie. "Good morning." Conrad smiled as he pulled me into him.

"Good morning." I smile as his lips come down and connect with mine. "Mhm, I smell bacon." I nod before pulling away from him and leading him downstairs. "Nice of you love birds to finally join us." Tatum smiled. She was sitting next to my brother at the table with a full plate in front of her.

I could see her hiding her excitement as I sat across from her and Conrad next to me. "Your dress looked beautiful love, I can't wait to see it on you." My mother spoke as she placed a plate in front of the Conrad and I. That's the thing about my mom, she loves to stuff people with her cooking, I think she's kind of sad Atlas and I lost all our baby fat.