[001] UNCONSCIOUS PUNCHES

act i, manic fest 001, unconscious punches

act i, manic fest
001, unconscious punches

MILO CAMPBELL DEAN WAS NICE, everyone adored him for his compliments and happy nature. He would alway make everyone smile, wherever he went and he was nice to everyone. Angela Green wasn't nice, she was only nice to a few select group of people. Her friends, her boyfriend Jake and her cousin Milo. She would bully everyone for anything, and especially when someone was new.

It was unfortunate that Jane Hopper had been the newest girl and had caught the eye of Angela and her group of mean girls. Despite Milo's constant warnings to be nice, Angela ignored him and decided to bully Jane every day.

That's what she was planning on doing today, Milo had overheard her talking with Stacey about ruining Jane's presentation. His mother and father were out of town, so he was staying with his cousin, Angela. Her own father was deadbeat, and didn't care for his own daughter.

Breakfast was awkward, as always. Milo's uncle didn't say anything, reading his newspaper the entire time as he spooned food into his mouth. His aunt didn't say anything, as she handed the two children a plate of bacon and pancakes. Angela looked over at Milo from where she was sat at the table, and he looked back at her as he shoved bacon into his mouth.

"So, Milo?" Angela started, trying to make conversation. He hummed in response, his mouth full of food. She eyed her father before choosing her next words carefully. "You excited for the presentation today?"

Milo nodded slowly, as he swallowed his food and took a sip of his orange juice. "Yeah, I'm doing one on Josephine Baker." at the mention of the name, his uncle looked up in disapproval. "Why wouldn't you pick a male, or even a white person?"

"Stuart.." his aunt warned, as Milo looked directly into his uncle's eyes. Angela looked between her father and her cousin before averting her eyes down to her food. "It's just a question, I just want to know why he picked her over anyone else."

"She's inspiring." Milo defended, his hands clenched into fists. Stuart Greene scoffed, and decided not to argue with his nephew. "Whatever." the atmosphere in the room has changed, and the young boy pushed his plate away as he left the table.

Angela watched her cousin leave, and smiled over at her mother. "I'm doing Helen Keller." her mother smiled and nodded encouragingly, urging for the girl to get ready for school.

The blonde girl nodded, as she left the table too. She didn't stop off at her room to get ready, instead she made her way to where Milo was staying. "Milo?" he turned, and a smile formed on his face when he saw his cousin. "Sorry about that, if I knew he was going to be like that, I wouldn't have asked."