[002] MEET THE BYERS

act i  , manic fest 002 , meet the byers

act i  , manic fest
002 , meet the byers

MILO HAD MANY THOUGHTS as he trailed down the road to the Byers house. Angela was going to hate him, his parents would hate him, he thought as he kicked a few rocks into the road. He would have to go home eventually and face their wrath, but he chose to ignore it for now.

"Jane?" the boy called softly. "How much further is the walk?" the girl turned her head with a smile. "Just down here." she pointed as Will slowed down to walk with Milo.

"It was nice." Will spoke, the two boys looking at each other. "You defending El." he quickly shook his head. "Jane, I mean." Milo nodded, as he looked down at his shoes.

"I might be getting kicked out though." Milo frowned, but a smile made its way onto his face. "I couldn't really care though, school sucks."

"Yeah, it does, doesn't it?" the two teenagers let out laughs again, as Jane turned into one of the houses. "We're here, Milo. Jonathan would love you." he grabbed the boy's hand and pulled him into the Byers house.

"How was school?" an older lady, probably Joyce Byers, asked her children the moment they stepped into the house. Jane smiled, as she pulled Milo forward. "This is Milo."

"Hi." the curly haired teen waved awkwardly, Joyce smiling brightly at the boy. "It's nice to meet some of Jane and Will's friends!" she ushered the three of them into the kitchen, where she offered the boy a glass of juice.

"I was wondering if Milo could stay the night." Will looked expectantly at his mother, Jane nodding quickly. "His parents went out of town so he's home alone."

"Of course, he can stay in your room Will." Joyce turned to the boy. "If that's alright by you, Milo?" he nodded with a smile on his face. "That'd be amazing Mrs Byers."

"Call me Joyce."

(📓🧷📓)

              DINNER WAS AWKWARD, Milo had to admit that. It wasn't as awkward as his own family dinners, but it was definitely awkward. Jonathan Byers had invited his friend Argyle over, and Milo was pretty sure Argyle was high on drugs. Jonathan kept glancing at Milo every so often, trying to figure out who he was.

"This food is so amazing, Mrs Byers." Argyle broke the silence between the group, as he pointed down at the chips on his plate. Milo looked over at Will, who attempted to hide his laugh.

"Thank you." she smiled, as she looked over at Milo, Will and Jane. "So, Milo? How did you meet Will and Jane?" she made sure not to use El to not confuse the boy. "Will's told me a bit about you."

Milo looked over at the Byers boy, whose face turned red with embarrassment. Jonathan laughed a little bit at the sight of his brother's red face and Jane smiled to herself. "Oh, uhm. There was a fight." Joyce frowned slightly. "Between my cousin's boyfriend and another kid." he stopped speaking as he nodded quickly. "Yeah."

"On the first day." Jane interrupted, as she leaned forward in her seat. "He was showing us around, when the fight happened." Will nodded, recovering from his red face. "He had to break it up." Will continued the lie, hoping that his mother would believe it.

"I'm glad you became friends with my children." Joyce smiled at the boy, as he moved the food around with his fork. "It was nice to finally meet you Milo."

"And you as well, Mrs Byers." he smiled politely. "I've heard great things about you from Jane and Will, like how amazing you are at cooking."

The mother's face lit up with a smile, as she looked from Milo to her children. Jonathan rolled his eyes, as he mouthed the words suck up to the boy across the table from him. "That's so sweet, thank you."

"Why don't you three go upstairs, and get Milo's bed ready?" Joyce offered, as she took their plates off them. "Go on, Will, Jane." she shooed the trio out of the kitchen, and Will directed Milo to his room.

"I made it awkward, didn't I?" Milo groaned, as he sat down on Will's chair. "I always make it awkward whenever I speak." Will shook his head, as he moved next to his friend. "It was perfectly fine, Miles."

Milo lifted his head slightly, both him and Jane frowning at the use of a nickname. Will's cheeks flushed a deep red, as Milo smirked. "Miles? That's a new one."

"Yeah, uh. I meant to say Milo." Will scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "Miles and Milo are just so alike." Jane laughed quickly as she left the room, leaving the two boys alone.

"I kinda like Miles." the Dean-Campbell spoke after a short period of silence between the two friends.

(📓🧷📓)

A FEW HOURS had passed, and Milo was laying on the floor while Will was staring at the ceiling from his bed. It was around ten at night, and Will couldn't sleep. Milo rolled on his side, his eyes opening temporarily to see Will sat up in his bed.

"Will?" he whispered, in an effort not to wake the others up. He was pretty sure Will had turned to face him. "You okay?"

"Just a bad dream." Will admitted, as he turned on his lamp. The light flooded the room, and the two boys could see each other clearly. Milo noticed Will's puffy red eyes, almost as if he had been crying and Will noticed Milo's scruffy hair, as if he had just woken up. That was the case for both teenagers.

"You wanna talk about it?" Milo asked, as he walked over to Will's bed. Will nodded, and Milo sat down on the end of the Byers' bed. "In 1983, I went missing. I just had a bad dream about that."

"Missing?" Milo frowned, hesitating to reach out for Will's hand. "That's got to be pretty traumatic, have you spoken to a therapist about it?"

Will looked down at his hand intertwined with Milo's and blushed softly. He was glad that Miles was here talking to him about his nightmare and actually cared for him. "It's no problem, it's just one nightmare."

"Are you sure?" his eyes met the Byers' eyes and he looked down quickly. "I mean, I'll be here if you need to talk about it." Will blushed again as he squeezed his friend's hand slightly. "Thanks Miles."

"I'm never going to get tired of that nickname." the curly haired teenager sighed, as he leant his head back onto Will's bed. Will quickly started rambling, but Milo waved him off. "It's cute, I like it."

"Cool."

"We should probably sleep now." Milo moved off Will's bed as he got back under his own covers. "Goodnight Will, if you have another bad dream, wake me up." Will nodded hesitantly before laying back down on his bed. "Goodnight Miles."

NOTES
just a chapter to show how cute will and milo are, #couplegoals

we need a ship name for them, I've been thinking and it's either
wilo
mill (nah)
dyers
wean

I'm preferring wilo over all of them because it sounds the best and dyers is literally natalia's last name.

next chapter is rink o mania, family reunions should be fun 🙂🙂