1

"Kyun mujhe in budhon ke bich main chod ke ja raha hai?" A lady in her late seventies said his grandson,Sidharth, a young MD in their flourishing food manufacturing company based in Mumbai. Sidharth had always been the perfect son, dedicated to multifold the success of their family business of three generations,though it had never gave him any satisfaction. After doing his son duties for almost all his life, he had madeup his mind to relocate to Delhi, in pursuit of his dream project. For months, he had been working on this project, keeping it as a well-guarded secret from his family. Although his parents were aware of his aspirations to get into the tech field, none of them had been supportive towards him. They all knew was that he was heading to the capital city to expand their new product line.

"Daaadiiii..." he just shook his head and kept doing his last minute packing.

"Kya dadi! Ek tera baap paidaishi budha,aur ek teri maa pichle janam se budhi" his grand mom said.

"Kahin tu us Sameera ke liye toh nahin ja raja hai na Delhi?" She asked after helping him keeping his documents in a bag.

"Kya Matlab?" He paused and asked. Is she in Delhi,will she feel that I am stalking her or something ,he thought.

"Delhi main hai aj kal... meri kitty ke friend se pata chala... tu yeah mat samjh ke daadi budhi hai toh usko kuch khabar nahin hai" she said.

"Can I ask you one thing dadi?" he sat down on his bed and asked, his packing was almost done.

" Puch" she said.

"Aapko Sameera kyun nahin pasand?" He asked, Sameera was his ex-fiancee, a very successful model and was much more than just a pretty face. She was a savvy entrepreneur too.Confidence emited from her every step, whether she was walking down a catwalk or negotiating a deal.

"Bas nahin pasand... Soni nahin lagdi, tere saath nahin jachdi." she said,Sidharth gave her an annoyed glance.

"She is beautiful dadi and beauty is definitely not her only trait." he argued,he still had some kind of feeling for her,though he didn't believe in love but there was a certain kind of likelihood.

"Hmm...Gaal kaise ghuse hue hain... yeah gaal wali haddi aise nikle hue hain.... badi sundar jai.. huh." she said rolling her eyes.

"Usko high cheekbones bolte hain" Sidharth chuckled at the way his dadi made faces.

"Mujhe mat sikha... aise chubby cheeks wali ladkiyan kinni Soni lagdi hai... waise bhi us se mujhe woh nahin aati hai ... kya bolte ho tum log .... Good Vibe." she said, she had never liked Sameera and her looks had nothing to with it.

"Sidharth sach bata, tu uske liye ja raha hai kya, suna hi kisi actor ke saath uska affair chal raha hai,tu kahin uske samne jaake 'channa mereya' toh nahin gaane wala?" His dadi asked getting worried. Surprisingly, he didn't feel any jealousy or resentment. Instead, it was as if his Dadi had just mentioned a failed business deal where he had invested a lot of time and energy.

"Chup kyun hai dukhi hai tu?" his dadi asked again,he felt weird and couldn't understand why he wasn't sad, he was supposed to feel bad but it was not about Sameera anymore, it was about something else, a feeling of some opportunity slipping through his fingers, like some business contract he had almost secured but couldn't close.

"No Dadi... it's not that" he said," shall I tell dadi about my venture, I am sure she will keep it a secret "- he thought.

"Woh dadi actually" he was about to say but stopped midway" kabhi drinks ke baad bol di toh!," he doubted.

"Dadi have you stopped drinking completely, doctor ne mana kiya hai na" he asked.