8

She went back home in an extremely irritated state,along with feeling dejected she was also in a state of confusion.The positive news regarding the funding didn't bring the expected joy to her, on the contrary, she found herself in verge of bursting out. As she rang the doorbell, Laxmi opened the door.

"Aa gai aap? Dinner thik raha?" Laxmi asked.

"Haan... " she replied and entered her apartment.

"Paise mil gaye aapko?" she asked next, she had no urge to answer.

"Hmm... " she uttered.

"Saini Saab ka call aya tha ,puch rahe they aapke ware main,main boli kisi dost ke ghar pe dinner karne gai hai aap... gussa kar rahe they" she said next, Shehnaaz was not in a state to have this conversation.

"Bohat gussa karenge jab pata chalega ke aap kisi bahar wale se paise le rahi hai... unhone aapko paison ke liye kabhi mana kiya kya? Aap un se le lo"
Laxmi expressed her concern, but Shehnaaz didn't have the patience to explain the concept of funding to her.

"Haan ok,aap so jao,I am tired,Good night... kal baat karenge." She said and headed to her own room, quickly changed into her nightdress and collapsed onto the bed, despite her attempts to hold back, a lone tear escaped her left eye.

"What the hell" she yelled at herself and angrily brushed away her tear,she felt like shouting at her own self on top of her voice.She couldn't fathom why she was in this condition after having such a fulfilling day, she got her funding and Sameera Anand was going to be her show stopper, what else would make her happy?,she questioned herself."it's true, tujhe khud nahin pata tujhe kya chaiye"

Then she made her way to the washroom. After washing her face, she stared at herself in the mirror, questioning, " Am I crying because he didn't escort me home? Why? Who is he, anyway? I have so many reasons to be happy... got the funding and Sameera Anand will be my show stopper....aur kya chaiye!."

Soon the thoughts of Sameera brought back memories of her childhood days,at the age of 9 or 10,she was greatly influenced by Sameera who had done numerous ad films and music videos. She recollected about insisting on dancing to one of Sameera's songs during her school's annual function and her class teacher had complained to her Dad about it and later she got a good lecture for listening to such sleazy numbers.

"By the way, where was she for so many years?" With this question in her mind, she returned to her bed,picked up her phone and typed "Sameera Anand" on Google search bar, and the page got flooded with Sameera's captivating pictures. Then she started reading articles about her,soon she stumbled upon an article questioning the whereabouts of yester year's super model, Sameera Anand. Opening it, she found nonsensical content. She was disappointed and scrolled further and opened another article, discovering details about Sameera's business venture.

After reading a couple more articles, her attention was drawn to one titled
"I am happily single," says Sameera Anand's billionaire ex-fiancé, Sidharth Sharma,the Charming MD of Rajjat foods,discusses his new product line and relationship status.
Shocked and confused, she opened the article, and for a microsecond she forgot about the article and was mesmerized by Sidharth's dapper picture in a black suit,impulsively she took a screenshot and muttered "hot" before realizing her initial search was about Sameera."No no no....." She thought it must be some misprinting or some kind of fake news as she went back to the article and realized it was a recent interview of Sidharth.

She didn't believe what she read and then directly searched "Sameera Anand's fiance," and the results this time left her thoroughly shaken, she saw few pictures of Sidharth and Sameera together, and the article revealed that former model Sameera recently got engaged,kept the engagement a family affair. The article highlighted Sameera's fiancé, described him  hero-like. In the article Sameera had been quoted saying, "Their love isn't a fleeting affair; they have been dating for the past 12 years and they kept their relationship away from the public eyes as her fiancés is a private person."A mix of unfamiliar emotions overwhelming Shehnaaz, anger, worry, jealousy, and confusion collided within her, creating a turbulent sentiment she had never experienced before.