14

After disconnecting the call with Sameera, Sidharth's eyes shifted to Shehnaaz and he realized that his heart was racing at an unprecedented pace.He was intimately involvement with a supermodel, whom the world perceived as a sex goddess, yet he had never experienced his heart race as intensely during their intimate moments as it had during the nearly minute-long hug he shared with Shehnaaz.

"Can we talk?" he asked,trying to think straight.

"Could you please make me a cup of coffee?" She asked as she felt her heart racing too fast, She knew she couldn't simply walk out of the situation and she needed time to brace herself.

"Sure" he said and went to the kitchen and his mind once again replayed the hug they had shared moments ago.The hug was almost awkward and he did feel a sensual undercurrent that had occurred between them. Unlike their first embrace, this hug had filled him with a sense of longing, ignited some desire within him. He could feel that there was something more between them, something which can be explored,but the question was whether to go for it or just stop it rightaway.

"What's this new version of dopamine surge, and where has it been hiding until now?" Sidharth wondered. He was familiar with the physiological responses his body experienced when he was around her, how his brain released dopamine, increased serotonin levels, and produced oxytocin when he was around her. But the real question reamined :was he ready to go with the flow?

The answer came to him with clarity: No, he wasn't. Despite the undeniable chemistry between them, he couldn't ignore the complexities of their situation. He was well aware of her dreams of a fairy-tale romance, but he also knew his own shortcomings when it came to being overtly romantic. Moreover, he knew she was dealing with her own challenges in life, and the last thing he wanted was to add to her burdens and last but not the least ,their age gap.. he was 13 years older then her which was almost like a generation gap. He knew she deserved better and he also knew she would never settle down for just any other guy,she wasn't like him,she was bold and was very vocal about what she wanted.

The next question which arised in his mind was, Did he want to cut whatever ties they had? The answer was a big,big No. Despite the uncertainties and complexities, he couldn't even think of cutting ties with her. It felt selfish, perhaps, but he couldn't deny the allure,her presence brought along.

She was not like anyone he had ever met, she had an aura that illuminated everything she touched. He craved that light in his life, yearned for her presence to brighten his days. And as he fought with his conflicting emotions, one thing became abundantly clear, he didn't want to let her go.

As he brew the coffee, he found himself at a crossroads, with two options in mind, either wait for the hormonal surge to subside or find a way to divert his mind from her. But how? As he had this dilemma, he knew the fleeting nature of these feelings,he believed that eventually the way his entire being reacts to her presence will die down but till then he needed a distraction,but was clueless how he would get distracted as he was not one to be easily diverted from his thoughts and feelings.

His mind then drifted back to the hug again, and he wondered where it was all leading. What would have happened if Sameera hadn't called at that exact moment? The thought left him unsettled, he also realized that he had hardly registered what Sameera had said during their conversation.

"Shit," he muttered under his breath, realizing his mistake in agreeing to lunch plans. "What will she say... what will I reply..again drama.. no...." His mind raced with possibilities, and he made a decision.

"Woh kya bolegi...main bolunga...She dared to discuss such intimate details of our life with my mom... Not done" he declared to himself, as he poured coffee into two mugs. He knew,It was time to confront Sameera, to set boundaries