15

Shehnaaz glanced at her phone for what felt like the hundredth time,hoping for a message from him,while lacing up her black sneakers.

"Ek good morning message toh bhej hi sakta tha" she mumbled when she heard a ping but her screen only displayed a series of messages from Raunak. "Isko alag aag Lagi hui hai.. galti ho gai message karke.. " she cursed herself for her impulsive actions.

She once again replayed the memories of last night and felt goosebumps all over her body, reliving those two seconds made her palms go sweaty. But then, the realization came to her: he was going to meet Sameer,but this came with a remider this time" True, they had spent a lot of time together, true, he was attracted to her, true, they were in a relationship,true they must have been physically involved but... he never stayed up till 5 just to talk to her, never cooked for her, never shared his dreams in front of her... so what did love and relationships really means to him?" She knew what she shared with him in a short period of time felt special. "Let's not ruin it," she reminded herself once again.

Just at that time her doorbell rang and she had this faint but illogical hope that it could be him, she rushed towards the door to find Laxmi talking to Samarth

"Samarth! What are you doing here, abhi?" She exclaimed,as Laxmi welcomed him inside.

"I thought I will also join you for Zumba today!" Samarth replied, flashing a grin.

"Kab aaya tu?" She asked next.

"Aj subhe" he replied.

"Aapko bhi black coffee chaiye?"Laxmi asked him, to which he nodded, and they both headed to her room. Though she was ready, there were still around 15 minutes left before her class began.

"Haath main kya hua?" He asked looking at her bandaged hand.

"Kuch nahin be...Woh.. thoda gir gai thi" she replied.

"Ek baat bata tujhe ek do din ke liye akela kya chodna gaya tu itna kya kaand kar di peeche se" he asked as they entered her room.

"Aisa kya ki?" she asked with a shrug.

"why didn't you pick up your dad's call yesterday morning , woh kitne stressed they main khud pareshan tha?" he asked.

"Bas message bhej di baad main- everything is fine" he asked.she first hesitated , She longed to tell Samarth everything, to pour out her heart and share the turn of events. But the thought of revealing her vulnerability didn't let her do.

"It's just... a lot going on" she replied vaguely.

"Tu thi kahan?" He asked

"Okay, so... long story short, I forgot my keys at D block flat and ended up staying at Sidharth Sharma's place that night... I also left my phone behind,so kisika phone nahin utha pai" she confessed in a rush.

"Kya kya kya.... phir?" His eyes almost poped out as he asked.

"Kya phir..Phir kuch nahin..." she replied.

"But tu unke ghar pe akeli thi unke saath..raat bhar...then what happened... se% sux toh nahin ho gaya?" He got really curious.

"Jyada dimaag mat dauda...woh vrat tutna baaki hai abhi" she said.

"By the way...Tu jaan bujh ke toh key and phone nahin chod di thi...anyways spill the details," he pressed, his tone gentle yet insistent.

"There's not much to say... I was little unwell and he is sweet,he is just an amazing human being, beautiful inside and out" she uttered in a dreamlike state.