5

The sound of her quiet sobbing was barely audible now, He still felt a strong urge to approach her, to ask what was wrong, to offer his help but the realization was also there that they were just strangers, complete strangers who happened to share just this moment on the terrace,He had no right to intrude into her world so decided to linger the distance.

She finally took a deep breath, collected herself, and slowly rose from her previous sitting position. Her steps lacked her usual confidence as she moved towards him.

"Listen..." she stood before him, her eyes were glistening with tears.

"Listen, I don't like giving explanations to anyone yet I am telling you... I have an amazing life,and I don't cry... it was just the alcohol... " she was trying to utter when another set of tear escaped her eyes.She quickly pressed her hand against her cheeks and wiped the stray tear from it,Seeing her struggle, he quickly put his hand in his pocket and took out his handkerchief and offered her.

"It's a clean one, I haven't used it." he said and she accepted it and started dabbing on her cheeks.

"Thank you,so I was telling that,i don't cry...." she murmured, her expression looked gloomy. He could feel that how uncomfortable she was feeling.

"Shhhh... it's ok, it's good to cry," he comforted her, "few research says crying releases oxytocin and endorphins. The feel-good hormones." He spoke to divert her attention, knowing that she might be feeling uncomfortable crying in front of him.

She was relieved, as if crying was perfectly acceptable, and there was no judgment. Once again, she was drawn to the aura of this man that put her at ease.

"Sachi?" she asked innocently but her sad expression still lingered.

"Aur nahin toh kya,?" he replied with a reassuring tone, still this situation felt peculiar. Here she was, exposed in her vulnerable state, and the person who witnessed it was turning into her 'almost crush'. Initially, it was just his looks , but now, his presence too felt alluring. On his part, he couldn't quite understand why, but he didn't like seeing her in this state.

"Thik hai but see... whatever happened here should stay between us"Her voice quivered as she struggled to find the right sentence.

"Kya... kya hua?" he asked, he knew what was bothering her. Still he felt a strong urge to continue talking to her, to help her feel more at ease and bring out her brighter side.

"Uff... this " she said pointing at her eyes,indicating that she was talking about her crying session.
"kabhi kisiko batana bhi nahin.... otherwise..." she said,Her makeup was smeared,her cheeks and nose had turned red and her Kajol was completely smudged,yet, in that moment, she looked ethereal.

"Otherwise?" he asked,He had a fair idea that this girl would definitely give a unique response and he was too tempted to find out what kind of threat she had in store.

"I will spread rumors about you.... Ganda wala" she threatened.

"Gandawala as in... I don't take showers?" He asked ,trying to draw out her reaction. Seeing her cry made him uneasy, and he wanted to witness her enigmatic side,which made her so uniquely interesting.

"No silly... bellow the belt wala Ganda" she replied,"Ok, this is the third time she has called me silly.  " he counted in his mind.

"Matlan main Jean and trousers wash karke nahin pehenta?" He knowingly said,almost laughed at his own statement.

"Shut up... arey bellow the belt" she said.her voice was still slightly muffled due to a congested nose caused by her crying,

"Oh... like,I wear dirty underwear?"He inquired, surprised at himself for engaging in such banter,it was so not him,he didn't know that he had this side too.