𝗦𝗜𝗫 ─ 𝗜'𝗠 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗕𝗬 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗜𝗥𝗘

"What took you so long?" Screamed San as soon as the van door opened and revealed Seonghwa, Mingi and Hongjoong to the rest of the group. Their eyes immediately laid on the girl on Mingi's shoulder, San was, like before, the one to speak for everyone. "What did you do!" He shouted, making the sentence sound more like an exclamation rather than a question.

Mingi replied piqued, "Could you please let us in? If we get shot we might not be able to answer your questions." And without waiting for a reply, the male hopped on the van and abandoned Somi's body on the seats placed on both sides of the van. A few seconds after the tallest male, Hongjoong and Seonghwa had already sat down, the male with the ponytail was bearing his belly aching for how much he had laughed.

"Let's go, Yunho!" screamed Hongjoong as he jumped over the passenger seat, landing first on his heels. Yunho followed what the red-haired male said and pressed his foot on the gas pedal, the wheels whistled on the asphalt, along with a yelp from San who hadn't taken his seat by the time Yunho started driving.

"Why are they shooting us?" Yunho asked almost rhetorically since he already expect Hongjoong to know nothing about it. He glanced at the rear-view mirror and noticed a black car chasing them and two people dressed in black were sitting through the hole of the car window with two rifles. "Shit, they are following us." he finally claimed.

Hongjoong, after that affirmation, checked the mirror on his side and realised with dismay that the driver was right. He clicked his tongue, "We have to leave them behind." And his eyes started travelling with the van, darting at every traffic sign to find the right spot, "Turn to the left!" he exclaimed while indicating the direction by pointing his finger. Yunho followed his instructions and, without slowing down, he sneaked into the street the red-haired male had suggested to him. "Alright," spoke again Hongjoong before biting his lower lip lost in thought, "There's an abandoned house if you turn to the right at the next curve. Hide in there."

Yunho swerved to the right and immediately found the abandoned building his friend was talking about. It was on his right side and it had nothing to be called a house: what was left were only red bricks that composed what he supposed to be the walls and, despite the absence of a roof, those walls were tall enough to hide their van. So, he steered once again to the right, entered through what once was the gate, and stopped the car in a corner where the streetlamp light couldn't reach them.

The group ceased breathing, their stares were fixated on the rear-view mirrors to spot their tracker to make sure they had lost them. As expected, a few seconds after, the grey car of the pursuer sped like a clap of thunder from behind the gate and disappeared behind the brick wall. Before cheering, they made sure the car didn't reverse, so, they rolled down the windows and sharpened their ears, but what they managed to hear were only the wheels screaming on the road and its sound turning weaker and weaker as it kept creating distance from where the group was hidden. Everyone finally exhaled a breath and relaxed on the seats.

"Guys," Wooyoung broke the little moment of peace, "The girl is bleeding." He claimed with gaped eyes and parted lips.

Seonghwa jumped on his seat, all of his lightheadedness of a few minutes before had quit him completely. In fact, on the outside of her thigh and her waist, the clothes were stained with dark red liquid. Mingi rushed to her and kneeled beside the girl, lifting her jumper to look at the injury. After analysing it quickly, he scolded himself for not having noticed it sooner: despite the lacking light, just by running his finger on it, he could understand that it was deeper and more dangerous than he expected it to be.

"One of the bullets is stuck inside the wound and needs to be extracted. We should take her home and take care of her." Mingi clarified briefly what had happened to the girl. On his right, Yeosang shifted anxiously in his seat.