The train leaves at dawn

I've been waiting for so long for this! I'm finally leaving this cold blasted country, thank god! Although its only for 2 weeks, It took around 7 months of saving but its worth it i'm sure. I'm Sam, I'm from the Netherlands but i was born in the UK. Tomorrow at 5.00 am ill be taking the train for Paris, France.

I've been wanting to go to France for around 2 years now. It surprises a lot of people, but i can actually speak fluent French. i would love to do things not just foreigners do. Maybe make new friends, who knows?

I woke up at 4.00 am tired, but excited, I took a taxi to the Channel Tunnel, it was around a 2hr journey but it went pretty smoothly. The train took overall around 7-8 minutes to arrive.

There were around 20-27 people boarding i would say, more people foreign then British. I had a seat next to a businesswoman who seemed to be travelling for work, she seemed annoyed about something and even more annoyed to see me joining her at the table.

"I thought i would be alone" she said pissed

"Uh, sorry. i guess there are more people then expected boarding" I replied not knowing what to say.

She rolled her eyes and moved her laptop, enough room for mine. I downloaded some things to keep me entertained during the train ride. Yes i'm 19 and have to be kept entertained, its stupid i know.

The ride was going fine until the car attendant came.

"May i take your order?"  He asked.

"Yes please, Some coffee would be great." I said

"And you ma'am ?"

The business woman turned, "Sorry what?" She said, acting confused.

"Would you like to place an order?" The boy responded

"Oh, yeah. Ill take some tea with a scone please." She said, sweetly.

Ugh,  some people could change personalities so quickly.

"Problem?" She asked

She must've seen me look at her.

"No."  I Responded quickly

"I'm sorry if I came across rude, I have a lot going on." She said.

"Oh no, not at all." I said confused.

"Ha ha, I apologies if so. I'm Amanda, and you?" she said

"I'm Samantha, Nice to meet you Amanda and i'm really sorry." I said in a rush

"No i should apologize if i came across rude, I hope i didn't upset you." She said softly

"I'm just nervous for this business trip i have." She sighed

"Oh no. Its okay really. Good Luck on your trip." I said, still surprised.

We were going to arrive at the Gare Saint-Lazare. Amanda and I had a good conversation. But unfortunately it ended rather quickly.