Yes or No

I woke up, not in my usual bed, i looked around to see i was in a hospital?? Since when, and what for?

The head of the Paris Police Department  came to see me.

"Hello miss, i trust you are feeling better?" He said

"Uh, Yes?" I responded confused. 

"You were found conscious at a crime scene." He said. flatly.

That when it all hit me. The gun. The woman. The mall. It was like it all happened again only this time in my mind. 

"Yes." I said

"Now. You will be bought in for questioning. Just a few questions as a witness ok Miss Jansen?" He said

"What?, why am i being bought in for questioning?? What did i do?" i said. 

My heart was beating so loud. My first time in Paris and i'm going be to taken in for questioning. At a police station.

"Your not in trouble. I see you are a tourist, no need to panic." He said. It was reassuring but i was still so scared. 

He eventually left and i was served breakfast. I was hungry but i couldn't eat, so instead i phoned my mum.

It was at voicemail. No point. I didn't know what to do at the moment all i could do was be patient but instead i burst into tears.

A few hours later i was told i could go to my hotel to change and freshen up. I was glad. I had to go to the police station at 1:00.

When i entered the buildings lobby i saw Amanda. I didn't want to come across her and deal with all the questions. So i just rushed to the elevator.

I showered and ate then my mum phoned back and i explained everything. She thought maybe coming back home would be better. I did think about it. I was traumatized, even though i didn't see anything it felt like it could've been prevented if i stepped in, so its my fault. But i didn't want this to come in the way of my holiday. I was scared and i did want to go home. But this is something I've always wanted. My thoughts got ahead of me and so did the time, i had 10 mins to arrive to the department.