Cold

Amanda?? Why would Amanda tell my location to this person?

"Amanda." I said. "Amanda from this hotel?"

"Yup" the woman said somehow enlighten. "Now. You are gonna listen very carefully, I think you probably know this but your life is currently in my hands." 

I gulped, quietly so she couldn't hear.

"Okay." I responded. I didn't want to seem scared. Even though deep down i was. I needed a weapon. Just in case. 

"On Thursday last week, You witnessed a murder right?" She asked.

"No. I did not witness a murder." i answered, it was the truth as i never saw the woman being killed.

'Do you know why there was a murder at the mall that day." She said.

i got up from my seat. This seems like it going to be long, can I get some water? i said.

"Okay, be quick." She said lifting her eyebrow.

As soon as I entered the kitchen-like area I had to think smart. I had pepper spray on the counter, I heard drunks can get pretty bad here sometimes, so for now I slid it inside my jean pocket. 

"Well your being naughty." I heard a voice say. I froze. How did i not hear her coming?

"I thought you were going for water, not pepper spray."

I turned around. She was holding a small knife. again i didn't want her thinking i feared her and was scared. Although i really was afraid now.

"What do you expect? You barge into my house and excuse me for murder?!" I screamed while trembling.

"Aw Samantha, You didn't know? I know that you didn't commit the murder. I know everything. I didn't mean to scare you. After all, i'm only here to kill you." She said grinning.

Kill me? 

"Why do you want to kill me? What for?" I asked.

"Oh no, i don't want to kill you." She said walking more and more closer. "I've been paid to." She put the blade to my arm and and cut me. 

I was shaking watching the blood pour through my arm.

Just before she was going hurt me even further, a figure came behind her and hit her on the head with a stick. She dropped in front of me and the figure was revealed.

A man. He was tall and had long dark hair. He looked surprised digesting what he just did.

'what-, what did you do??'  I said.

"That doesn't matter..  Are you hurt?" He asked 

He had a accent that sounded like he was from around here, I was stunned. I didn't know whether at the man or at the psycho woman who landed at my feet.

"Making her unconscious is putting my life in even more danger" I said. This time showing I was scared.

He didn't respond but was just staring at my arm.