Meeting

I couldn't stop smiling this morning with the thought that I might have gotten my best friend back. She didn't know I was in Paris as it was our dream place to visit.

I hopped in the shower and changed. Then I changed the bandages on my arm. It hurt but honestly it's gotten much better 

I stared at my arm realising this whole time I've only thanked Andre for saving me with a measly "thank you". I could've died without him coming in and I had to find some way to thank him. So I threw on a top and jeans and walked to the hotels cafe.

To my surprise it was much busier and louder compared to the last few days, I looked around for Andre but I couldn't see him. It's not like I had a granted pass to go to a staff only room or the kitchen and I didn't have his number. It was so stupid of me not to ask him.

The whole lobby became quiet when a slim, faired looking woman came through the door. Then it seemed to be the hotels owner greeting her, he then  took her hand and kissed it.

"Welcome mademoiselle." He said with a big grin on his face.

The mysterious woman didn't respond, she just stared and strutted away. I came down for one reason, to find Andre but I couldn't even see him. Perhaps he'll be here later on.
———
I came back to my hotel room and threw myself on the bed. "Where could he be?" I thought to myself. It was strange that he wasn't working at the cafe and stranger that he didn't say anything to me. Maybe he's just sick or took the day off, I just need to stop worrying.

I took my purse and left the hotel, I walked around for a bit when a girl bumped into me.

"Ow!" I exclaimed

"Oh! I'm very sorry." she said.
She was a very mousy looking person with dark red hair and a beret planted on her head.

"It's okay." I said trying to show a smile.
"I'm Samantha, you?"

It wasn't everyday that I get to meet a English speaking person, perhaps this could be embarking a new friendship?

"Oh that's a nice name! Im Clarissa, but my friends call me Clara." She said while beaming.

I couldn't really make our her accent? She seemed to be from Asia. She picked mine up pretty fast.

"Your British right?" She asked

"Yeah, you could tell?" I responded

"Yes! It was really nice to meet you Sam! But I really have to get going." She explained

"Oh-"

Already? I thought. I wanted to meet Clara again but how was i supposed to ask someone who I just met for there number? She started to walk away.

"Wait!" I exclaimed "Could I maybe get your number?" I asked her

A smile enlighten on her face. "Yes! Here you are."
She reached for my phone and typed her number in there.

"See you soon Samantha!" She waved
"You too Clara."

Finally. I might have made a friend. But could I trust her.