Please?

I lived a pretty normal life before all this "Grabber" stuff started happening.

I had two amazing parents, Lydia and George.

They are the definition of love.

If Mom was sick, Dad would always put everything aside to take care of her and hold her hair back while she threw up. She did the same for him. Every time.

They were deeply in love with each other.

Mom would never admit it, but she would give up everything for him.

She always told me that when I fall in love with the person I'm meant to be with, I should never give up who I am for them. That stuck with me forever.

Mom never changed for Dad. For the 14 years I've been alive to witness it, Mom was always the same. Charming, stubborn, intelligent human being. She always made sure I knew my worth.

Dad never changed either. He was absolutely smitten for Mom.
However, he wasn't scared to give it all up for her. He made sure she knew it all day, every day.

Dad was a calm and humorous man. Every time he would walk in a room, everyone's sprit lit up. He could turn any dull moment into an enjoyable memory.

Both my parents are writers.

So, when they decided to settle down in Denver, they started writing for the newspaper company.

As time passed, they progressed in their jobs. 100% of their time went into making sure they could be able to start a family without having to give up what they loved to do.

Now, they own the newspaper company.

And have me.

I never felt like I came second to their profession because they always reminded me that I come first to them.

Always.

The town was absolutely perfect. A perfect place to raise a kid. A perfect place to fall in love.

Unfortunately, perfection doesn't last forever.

~ ❤︎︎ ~

"Mom!" I yelled down the hall.

"Sweetie, you know how I feel about the yelling!" Mom replied.

She had developed these painful headaches due to her job, but they were getting better. I sometimes made it worse... on accident.

I ran downstairs since I knew she probably had a headache developing.

"Sorry Mama, I forgot" I said, apologetically.

"It's alright my love. Let's just remember for next time, okay?" I nodded.

"Got it. So, I wanted to ask you a question if that's alright?"

"Of course, it's alright. What's your question love?" She said while putting her pen down next to the piles of paper in front of her.

Mom's tone was always so loving, but I could always tell when she was slightly irritated with me. I swear it's not intentional... most of the times.

"I was just wondering if I could go with Gwen to Finn's baseball game?"

She stared at me for a while. I knew she was debating letting me go.
She loved the Shaw family, but I was so close with Finn she thought what any mother would think.

She thought I had a crush on Finn. Oh. My. God.

"Mama. I know what you're thinking. And no! I don't like Finn like that." I said in a serious voice.

"You're the only person in this town who calls him "Finn" instead of Finney. You can't blame me for being suspicious of it!" She laughed.

"Mama! I am not the only one. Robin calls him Finn too."

Fuck.

"Oh? Robin?" She smirked at me.

"Oh my god, Mama! Not every boy I'm friends with is a crush."

I couldn't keep a straight face with her. I busted out laughing because of how ridiculous she is sometimes.

"Haha, I know my love. I'm just teasing. You know that."

I did know that. Mom and I were so close that if I did actually like someone, she would already know.

"So? Can I please go?" I asked.

"Of course, you can. Just ask your father if you can!" She yelled after me as I ran back upstairs to talk to Dad.

"Thank you, Mama!" I called back.

I knocked at Dad's office door.

"Come in!" My father's calm voice said.

"Hey Dad, can I-" before I could finish my sentence, he cut me off.

"I heard. Yes, you can go darling." he said

Oh. That was easy. Too easy.

"Oh. Okay! Thanks." I replied

"Be safe, okay?"

"Of course. I always am." I smiled and walked out of his office to leave for Finn's game.

"Bye Mama! Bye Dad!" I yelled as I put my shoes on quickly and ran out the house.

I was probably going to be late, but lucky for me, I am quick on my feet.

I ran into a man in a black hat on accident. Nothing serious, just an accidental bump to the shoulder.

"Sorry sir!" I called out behind me. I couldn't afford to stop running because then I would be seriously late to the game.

And that would just be rude.