Friend.

The next few hours of being with Robin consisted of normal conversation topics.

The usual, "What's your favorite color?" or "Favorite movie?"

Nothing that would give my parents any reason to suspect Robin was or would ever be more than a friend. At least I think so.

"So, is this what you do every day? Go through a bunch of papers?" Robin said, obviously bored

"Well, it's my first day doing this. But if I had to guess, this will be my life afterschool until my parents feel like I'll be safe." I said

"You don't have to listen to them."

Oh no.

"I do though. They're already scared enough having me leave the house to walk to school. I don't want to worry them any more than I have to, Robin." I replied

He was kind of right. Did I want to have to come here and sort some stupid papers? No.

Would I rather be elsewhere with Robin right now? Yes.

"My bad. We'll stay here then." Robin reluctantly said

Leaving for an hour wouldn't be so bad, right?

I sighed, "Fine. One hour. Then we have to come back."

Robin lit up with excitement. He hopped off the counter in which he was sitting.

He's so... you know?

"What are we even going to do?" I asked

"Should've asked that question earlier when you shook my hand" He replied, smirking

I scoffed.

"Oh, come on now, don't sound so happy."

I raised my eyebrow, "Maybe I'd have a different reaction if you would tell me where the hell we're going."

"You'll see." He said, still with that awful smirk on his face

Actually, I'm not that opposed to his smirk.

Wait what?

"Let's go." He grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards the door

"Where are you two going?" I heard a voice say behind us.

"Just to get some air ma'am." Robin said

My mother looked suspicious but said, "Okay. I want you back here in an hour please. Just to be safe."

An hour? What're we going to do in an hour?

"Of course, Mom." I said

"Be safe you two!" She called out after us.

~❤︎︎~

We walked for about 5 minutes, hands still together.

God, twice in one day?

"Hey. You okay?" Robin asked, snapping his fingers in front of my face

"Sorry, yeah. Just lost in thought I guess." I said "Where are we?"

I looked past his shoulder to see a huge area of grassy land. Kids running around, parents watching them, teenagers kissing in the shade of a tree.

Must be nice.

"Thought you would like it. A calm, peaceful place to clear your head." Robin said, arm around me.

I looked at him and smiled, "This is really nice. Thank you, Robin."

He shrugged, "No need to thank me. Just wanted to do something nice for a friend.

Friend.

I didn't know a 6-letter word could be so painful. Turns out it is.

"Right. Thanks anyway." I said, trying to keep the smile on my face.

"Anytime." He replied, smiling

I'm such an idiot.