Shake on it

After what happened in the bathroom, I couldn't stop thinking about him.

About what he said.

No.

Friends. Best friends. That's all we are.

~❤︎︎~

The rest of the school day went by pretty quickly, but he was all I could think about.

The quick glances he shot me in 3rd period and at lunch.

I still couldn't process the fact that Robin, of all people, could like me. Not that I was insecure or anything but out of all the girls he knows, he likes me.

Maybe. I could be reading it all wrong, so it might be better to not get my hopes up.

By the time school was over, I rushed out the room to try and find Robin.

I could invite him to hang out. And since my parents and their coworkers would be there, it would make us hanging out not so awkward.

I saw him at the end of the hallway, leaning against the lockers and looking around for someone.

Has he always been this good looking?

"Hey Y/N!" He called out

"Hi Robin, can I ask you something?" I asked

He nodded, giving me the go ahead

"Would you like to hang out with me after school today? My parents want me to stop by their workplace now. With the whole 'situation' going on." I said, putting air quotes around the word situation.

To me, it wasn't that big a deal. One kid, who they'll probably find in the next few days. Hm. Maybe I should be worried.

"Oh. Sure, why not? Who doesn't love hanging out with a girl around her parents." He replied, jokingly

"Very funny. Just for a few hours and then we can do what you want. Okay?"

"Okay. Deal."

He stuck his hand out to shake mine.

I tilted my head in confusion. No way he's making me shake his hand of this.

He noticed my confusion and said, "What? You said we could do what I want after. So shake on it so I know you mean it."

"Woah, so you don't trust me?" I brough my hand up to my chest, acting insulted

He laughed, "It's not that I don't trust you, I just want to make sure you're down for it."

I sighed. "Fine. But if it's something stupid, I'm leaving."

"Trust me, it's not stupid." He said, wrapped hand still out in front of me

I lifted my hand and took his in mine. Shake on it.

Robin had a surprised look on his face.

Did I do something?

"What?" I asked

"Nothing. But you just agreed to do whatever I wanted after without knowing what it was." He replied, laughing

I did do that.

I decided to play it cool and said, "Well of course I did. Because unlike someone, I actually trust my friend."

He just smiled and pulled my hand, forcing me to walk next to him

"Lead the way." He said, my hand still in his

I smiled up at him and started walking ahead, not letting go of his hand.

I guess I wasn't wrong to get my hopes up.