Spring - Part 2 (Modern AU)

3rd POV. Tachibana Residence, Takemikazuchi-no-kami Shrine.

The Tachibana Residence, located right next to the shrine compound, in order for the family in charge of the shrine to efficiently perform their duties.

As of now, the Sakura Trees within the vicinity of shrine is in full bloom, a message that spring has already come.

The Tachibana Family had two types of trees.

Sakura Trees and Maple Trees.

And it was tradition in the family to use the trees as symbol of each seasons.

When the Sakura Trees are in full bloom, it means spring. When they return to normal, summer is coming.

That is when they will watch out for the maple trees to turn their leaves to red, the herald of autumn. Once the red leaves vanish, the shrine complex is painted in white because of the snow.

Not to mention, at the beginning and end of each season, the family in charge of the shrine will have to undergo a purification ritual that is performed by dancing a kagura.

That is always how they held the traditions within the Tachibana Family.

Now, that spring has officially announced, Yoshiyuki called his four children to the living room.

Yoshiyuki: Reimei, Reiwa, Satsuki, Sei. You know what day it is.

Yoshiyuki: Although spring already arrived, its only just the prelude to spring.

Yoshiyuki: If you finally got to observe the sakura trees.......

Yoshiyuki: They are already in full bloom. It means one thing.......

Reimei: It's officially spring.

Yoshiyuki: Correct. You know what comes at the beginning.

Reiwa: The Purification Ritual.

Yoshiyuki: And what do we do at the ritual.

Satsuki: Dance a sacred kagura.

Yoshiyuki: Where?

Sei: In front of the main shrine!

Yoshiyuki: All right. You four, you know what to do. Also, I'll have to tell the visitors of our shrine to wait for a while. After all, during this time, we also have a lot of visitors because they knew about this ritual.

The four decided to prepare. Reimei and Reiwa wore their priest robes and kitsune masks. As for Satsuki and Sei, they wore their shrine maiden uniforms and also wore kitsune masks.

Once things are ready.

The siblings went in front of the main shrine, first bowing towards the shrine. Then facing the Sacred Forest beside shrine, and finally, the people.

Once those formalities are away, they began the ritual dance, with Reimei leading the dance. Unlike his other siblings, his movement is refined and perfect. No delay, no wasted movements, what others described to be as a perfect flow.