Morning after

The next morning I woke up with Eddie's hand still in mine. It was comforting knowing he was there. The sky was gloomy today. I hung off the edge of the bed watching Eddie's sleeping face. He looked so peaceful, no worries in the world. I gently brushed his hair out of his face and let a small smile play on my lips. What I wouldn't give to sit here and just admire him. Sooner or later I would have to admit to myself that I did like him, but I couldn't tell him that. I let out a heavy sigh and sat up finally with his blankets wrapped around me. It was Saturday so we didn't have to worry about school. I thought back to the day before. 'He said that Chrissy wasn't his girlfriend. Did that mean that he liked her or that they were just friends?' I thought to myself. I knew that Eddie would be hungry when he woke up. My stomach grumbled loudly proving that I was also hungry. I stood making sure to not step on Eddie and made my way to the kitchen. I figured I'd make breakfast for Eddie, his uncle, and myself. I went through the cupboards finding pancake mix. I smiled and began to make some breakfast. Eddie's uncle came out and smiled at me as I was finishing up the pancakes.
"That shiner is starting to fade already." He commented as he got himself a cup of coffee.
"Yeah I'm glad it is." I put two on a plate and set them on the table where I knew he would sit.
"I'm shocked you are awake honestly," I joked with him, "working early into the morning."
"Yeah I left a bit early last night." He sat in the spot and began to read the paper. "Is Eddie awake yet?" He asked after a moment. I shook my head and put two more pancakes on a plate for Eddie and then made myself a plate.
"Eh let him sleep. I know he was up late concerned about you." His uncle told me as I was about to go back to the room.
"What do you mean?" I furrowed my brow sitting in one of the empty chairs.
"That boy stayed up making sure you were still breathing most of the night. When I got home he was half asleep holding your hand." His uncle smiled at me and began to eat the pancakes. "He cares more about you more then anything."
I was shocked to hear this. I never thought that Eddie liked me in that way. I sat there silently thinking. Did he know how I felt about him? Does this mean he really didn't have anyone else in mind?  My head snapped up from my food as I heard Eddie's bedroom door open. I was shocked to hear this. I never thought that Eddie liked me in that way. I sat there silently thinking. Did he know how I felt about him? Does this mean he really didn't have anyone else in mind?  My head snapped up from my food as I heard Eddie's bedroom door open. I looked over as I saw Eddie sleepily walk out to the kitchen, straight to the coffee pot. I giggled as I got up and pulled out the pancakes from the microwave.
"I made us all breakfast." I put two pancakes on a plate as Eddie made himself a cup of coffee.
"You didn't have to do that, cherry." He smiled down at me with a sleepy smile. He took the plate and sat at the table.
"I know, but I really appreciate you both," I motioned to his uncle, " and what you have done for me." I took my seat across from Eddie. We all sat in a comfortable silence in the little kitchen area. Eventually Eddie's uncle got up to go back to bed. He kissed the top of my head like my father use to do as a kid. I smiled as he ruffled Eddie's already messy hair. Eddie and I continued to sit in silence till I get his foot touch mine. I looked over at him and gave him a quizzical look. He gave a small smile and tapped his foot against mine.
"So, your uncle said you were worried about me?" I smiled knowing that his uncle wouldn't lie to me. Eddie chuckled and looked at his coffee, "um yeah. I just want you to be safe, to be away from your mom." His smile fell, "I know this is why you won't show up to school for a few days." My smile fell when I realized he knew.
"Layla," Eddie had moved in front of me now, "I just want you to be safe." He was knelt down in front of me so we were at eye level. He gently held my chin. It wasn't like any time before when we had touched. It was more gentle, more meaningful. The look in his eyes told me that there was something more there.
"I know Eddie." I leaned into his touch. It was soft. I felt as though time was moving slowly. In that moment I knew how he felt. Our lips nearly melted together. I knew he was being gentle due to my still busted lip. It was soft, but I knew he wanted more. I cupped his face as we both stood, making our way to his room.
My fingers tangled in his hair as our kiss became more hungry. I wanted the moment to continue, but we got a bit too rough and I felt my lip seer in pain.
"Fuck," I pulled away as I cussed.
"Oh shit your lip." Eddie's face became concerned.
"No, " I chuckled patting his chest, "maybe it's good we take it a bit more slow."
"Princess, I have been waiting for this since the day we danced in the living room." He smiled as he rested his forehead against mine.
As we were about to go at it again, there was a knock on his door.
"Fuck," he mumbled only pulling away after kissing me softly, "I told the guys to come over." Eddie quickly changed into some fresh clothes and quickly brushed his hair with his fingers. I watched as he ran around his room quickly grabbing his dungeon master stuff. He ran over quickly pulling me into another deep kiss as the guys pounded on the door yet again. Eddie groaned into my lips as I chuckled knowing he didn't want to stop. It was like we couldn't get enough of each other. Both of us now knowing how the other felt. The knocking continued as Eddie and I sat there for only a moment longer. We finally pulled away from one another.
"Shut the fuck up!" He yelled as he exited his room.