0.8 | unsaid, inej.

«unsaid, inej»

«unsaid, inej»

🗝

LISSA BREKKER arrived clutching her ribs, her injured hand limp at her side and a slight shake in her gait, she took a few deep breaths before she made her way over to Kaz and Jesper, both of whom were looking at a very injured, instantly Lissa rushed to them, she was still mad, yes, but this is the girl who'd give her life for Lissa if she could, she could never hate her, hatred like that doesn't come so easily. She could see Kaz immediately avert his eyes at the sight of blood flowing out of Inej's body, Jesper let Inej lean on him.

"Oh, no..." Lissa said, she had a wincing expression on her face, "That's going to need stitches..."

"Well, you can't manage a horse," Jesper spoke, wrapping his arm around Inej's shoulders to hoist her up a little better, "Not even riding double, we'll have to come up with another plan."

"Saints." said Inej, her head rolling up to look at the sky as she continued taking incredibly shaky breaths.

Kaz and Lissa immediately turned their heads towards the black carriage at the same time, "That's a pretty nice ride..." said Kaz, Lissa smiled just a little, she was grateful she wouldn't have to go on horseback with these ribs.

"Yes, indeed, it is." Jesper said and all of them started to make their way towards it, Lissa falling behind, even as Jesper had to practically carry Inej all the way over, Kaz had noticed, throwing her a look, she shook her head slowly — nothing important, he tilted his head just a lil, his eyes a little squinted as if he was warning her, warning her that if she was lying to him she might as well say something now, but Lissa was as dumb as a rock you might find in the side of the road, so she simply looked away and fastened her steps, ignoring every instinct of her body to hold on to her rips. Jesper was the one who approached the clearly occupied carriage.

"Oh, hello!" he spoke with a cheery voice, the man inside jolted back into reality as his gaze averted from his book to the people in front of him, his eyes widened even more than they could when the girl behind the boy waved, a small smirk playing on her lips. Then, out of nowhere, he threw the whole book at Jesper and jumped out of the carriage, running away, Lissa scoffed — what a wuss, then not even a second later they heard a smack as Kaz's cane slammed to the side of his head and he dropped down to the ground, unconscious.

Jesper easily jumped from the other side of the carriage, using his long legs as an advantage and Lissa simply made her way around it, "He threw a book at me."

"Let me see?" Lissa practically snatched the book from his hand and hummed impressively, "Shadow and Bone, good taste, at least."