1.2 | lissa brekker is fine.

«lissa brekker is fine»

🗝️

ONE LOOK AT PEKKA ROLLINS IS ENOUGH TO REMIND LISSA. Remind Lissa of what she was and how far it was from what she used to be. The first few weeks for the Rietveld siblings had been tough, there was only so much money they could spend, yes, there was a small fortune left to them but Jordie was intent on saving it in case anything were to happen. And it did. One day, Jordie came up to them, asking Kaz and Lissa to go with him to this rich Merchant, Lissa had gotten a bad feeling as soon as that man opened the door, she kicked and screamed that she wanted to go home but Jordie pushed her aside and Kaz soon started to trust Jacob Hertzoon too.

I feel lucky.

Kaz had said. Lissa had believed him.

However, today, no, today Lissa wasn't scared — she and Kaz were scrambling around trying to get their hands on whatever they could and Lissa could not get through this day without something. She had only taken a minuscule amount, using a needle to take it out and then put it in her mouth. There was no way she'd make it out of this fine, but something in her was already changing and every time she wasn't thinking about revenge she was thinking about the powder in her pocket.

Lissa bounced in her step, almost stumbling into Kaz as he stopped. The two of them watched an old man yell at one of his workers.

"Are we sure we want him?" Lissa said with a bored tone, she tilted her head as she stared at the man who had salt and pepper hair which was... well mostly salt, and his beard was way too overgrown to be a fashionable choice, "He seems... dull."

"Dull is what we want," Kaz told her as he continued to look faster, "Dull will be easier to control, we're building something from the up the foundation this time, not from scratch."

"Hm." Lissa said, "You're right, I suppose. If anything, he'd be easier to..." she dragged a finger across her throat with a glint in her eyes and her brother gave her a look.

"You are useless."

"And yet you love me."

"Why do you look like that?" Kaz asked her, he reached out his gloved hand to fix the collar of her coat and she backed away, scared that if he looked at her too much, he'd know. Kaz knew.

"It's nothing, it's all the fashion these days." She explained to him and he turned away.

"Follow my lead, be polite." Kaz made his way to the man, Lissa knew it was Per Haskell, he was one of the few men who'd be willing to give them jobs as kids, she hadn't forgotten about that, "This is the Dregs Club."