1.3 | is it a weakness to be weak?

«is it a weakness to be weak?»

🗝️

LISSA FELT HELL. She wasn't quite sure people could feel hell, but today, she didn't care much for logic, she'd survived almost the whole day on a high but now she was coming down from it and it hurt. She couldn't believe that this was her, just a week ago, she was perfectly fine, she took many things for granted but now... she could barely do anything. She hadn't been able to use her powers at all either, today she'd tried with the bubbles in the water but the bubbles were so weak they were barely even there. She hated feeling this way, she'd spent her entire life on this Earth doing everything in her power to make sure that she would never feel the way she did again... powerless, and yet she felt exactly that.

Again, with her back turned to her brother on the terrace she licked the top of her pinky, dipping it in the powder to get as little as she could and put it on her tongue. May the universe provide her enough strength to watch Pekka's downfall. After that, she wasn't quite sure she herself wanted to stick around either. There was not much she found desirable these days.

Lissa felt the similar sensation run through her body again, rushing from her head to her toes and she relaxed. All her muscles that hurt before now seemed to hum with power, ready to pounce. Ready to prey. Lissa was a force to be reckoned with and she would make sure that anyone in her path was knocked down so hard they'd never dream of getting back up again.

"Are we ready?" Lissa asked now, her eyes hungry and Kaz nodded — he looked at her a bit too long for her comfort but soon the siblings set their plan in motion. Sometimes, no matter how hard the rest of the world deemed them when it came to be able to communicate to them, Lissa and Kaz worked in sync without even uttering a single word. Talking in mere glances and head movements.

"Here, take this rope now," Kaz tells her and Inej as he hands it to them, "Lissa, I trust that you don't need it?"

Shit. Kaz expected Lissa to use her powers to climb down like she used to before, but how could she explain to him that she couldn't do that anymore?

"I was thinking I would be the lookout instead?" Lissa said to him as Kaz wrapped the rope around himself tightly, he gave the rope a tug and Inej nodded at him. He squinted his eyes just the tiniest bit at that. Lissa always admired the amount of trust Kaz had in Inej and so did she, but the way Kaz trusted her to hang him off a building knowing that's the way he once broke his knee was... admirable. She wished those two would just get together.

"We have Inej on the lookout already." Kaz said.

"Not on the bottom floor, Nina will only be there so long, it's better if I'm there. Just to make sure no one gets in." Lissa explained in a hurry as time was clicking. Not having enough time to bother her with many questions Kaz nodded. He didn't need her for this part anyway.