1.7 | desire is a drug too.

«desire is a drug too»

🗝️

"NO! WHAT? NO!" Lissa practically climbed into the wall when she saw the woman with the terrifying bright blue eyes just sitting there casually with her hair all done and her bangs laying perfectly on top of her head. The woman turned around with sort of an uninterested look on her face before her eyes landed on Lissa and she smirked with amusement, "Why are you here? Donkey's asshole, I really do have the worst luck ever!" she pouted and Maya frowned as she bobbled her head between the two squallors.

"Maya?" The woman noticed the curly haired girl standing next to Lissa and immediately jumped off her seat, she grabbed the girl's cheek for a second and then let it go immediately, "You seem alright. I never quite imagined that you would leave Ravka of all the people... did Nina influence you?"

Zoya had trained Maya and she was one of her favorites, she took her orders strictly and had potential to be one of her greatest trainees until she disappeared a few years ago — around the same time Nina did. Zoya had always assumed that Maya and Nina had run away together, they weren't blindly trusting of the Darkling as Zoya used to be — how naive she was in thinking that the Darkling wanted anything other than to use them for his plans and then toss them aside. For a while, Zoya was mad — how dare they betray their country? Then she thought just for a second, at least they got away.

"What?" Nina threw her hands back with irritation, "How am I getting blamed for what Maya did? I didn't betray my country!"

"I didn't betray my country either, I was kidnapped, Nina!" Maya fired back and Zoya and Nina straightened up.

"I'm sorry, so you're all acquaintances?" Lissa stood with her arms to her side, stiff and still, alarmingly still, it was like as soon as she saw Zoya her entire body froze up, "Is the Second Army some kind of cult or something, are there initiations?"

"Wait a second, are you two acquaintances?" Maya asked them, just as shocked.

"Yeah, she tried to choke me out and force me into serving Ravka!"

"Oh, good, you know Zoya just as well as we do then," Maya said and she pushed Lissa to sit down, since Lissa had spilled her guts out last night and told Maya about everything, Maya had been helpful trying to get her to recover, Lissa didn't have the heart to tell her it really wasn't working, "I saw you get here last night but I didn't want to show up back then... didn't want to show up right now either, I'll be honest."

"Rotten girl, you've changed." Zoya pinched her mouth like she usually does with disapproval and Maya smiled wide — maybe she had missed her and her ruthless blue eyes.

"Yeah, I speak for myself now." Maya threw her hair over her shoulder, "Where's your brother? I'd like to prepare myself before I meet the Dirtyhands, bastard of the barrel—"