Chapter 4: Charlie lemon

Charlie, Y/N, Vaggie, and Angel Dust soon arrived at the hotel. Charlie opened the doors, only to look into a very old and dirty establishment. Vaggie walked in and laid down on the couch and Y/N followed behind.

Angel Dust rummaged through a fridge leaning by the wall and grabbed a box of Popsies.

"Eh, it's probably a good idea to get some actual food in this place. Y'know, to feed all the wayward souls you got in here! Ahahaha! Ahaha...! eh... ah..." Angel Dust said as he noticed how depressed Charlie looked. He closed the fridge door as he tried to comfort Charlie but decided to back off. He did this for two reasons. He felt that caused enough damage, and also because sincerity wasn't his strong suit. When a relative of his passed away, all he said at the funeral was "Sorry."

"You might wanna talk to her." Angel Dust said over to Y/N and Vaggie. Y/N wasn't really good at calming people, but Angel Dust had already given up and Vaggie was fast asleep. So that left only Y/N.

Charlie walked outside the hotel and tried to contact her mother. Unfortunately it went to voice mail.

"Hey, mom. I know I keep calling and you must be busy... Really busy... But, um, the interview didn't go well, and... I don't know if I'm ever going to make a difference." She said as she sat down. She started tearing up as she wiped it off her face. "I don't know what I'm doing. I could really use some advice, mom. I... I think dad was right about me... Ahah, oof, eh, anyway... I'll stop talking before this gets long. Love you, bye..." She said sadly and got up. She walked back into the hotel and accidentally bumped into Y/N.

"Oh. S-sorry." Y/N said. "No no. It's fine. It's just...I need some time to think." Charlie said as she walked upstairs to her room. Y/N thought about giving her some alone time, but he felt as though he should comfort and talk to her.

"Angel Dust, if anyone should arrive, let them in." Y/N said as he walked upstairs to where Charlie's room was. He was about to knock on the door, when he heard soft crying in the room. He looked inside and saw Charlie curled up on the bed, sobbing.

"What do I do? What do I say? Should I leave?" Y/N thought nervously to himself as Charlie then looked at him.

"Y/N? What is it?" Charlie asked between sobs.

"Oh...well I just...thought I'd check up on you." Y/N said as he tried thinking of and answer. Charlie laid back in bed crying as Y/N walked in. Y/N sat down at the foot of the bed. He looked at Charlie and thought about what he should do. He wasn't the best at comforting others. Usually it was his girlfriends who had to comfort him.

He thought about how they often comforted him and calmed him. He placed his hand on her shoulder and rubbed her shoulder.

"So Charlie? What's the matter?" Y/N asked and rubbed her shoulder.

"Do you think my ideas stupid! Do you think and this was a waste of time? Was my dad right about me? Did I really get you down here for no reason at all. Did I screw up your life because of my dream?" She asked as she was now crying like a baby. She hugged Y/N tightly and his her face in his chest. Y/N was surprised by Charlie's actions. He was always use to her being happy, outgoing, sweet, and kind hearted. He didn't think that saddens was in her.

"Am I really a failure?" Charlie asked crying. Y/N tried thinking of something comforting to say.

"Well...no...not necessarily...um...Think of it this way. It's just day one. This is like...a fairy tale? Yes, a fairy tale. It's starting off bad, but we gotta be a patient and wait for this to work out. Because even the happily ever after takes place on the last page." Y/N said as he made that up at the top of his head. Charlie continued to snuggle with him.