Back home

Back in the human realm

Ai Hoshino felt like her world had been torn apart the day her boyfriend, Y/N, was taken from her. They had been deeply in love and had two beautiful toddlers, Aquamarine and Ruby, to raise together. Now, she was left to raise their children alone, without any knowledge of when Y/N might be coming back.

She felt guilty. After she began dating Y/N and had kids, her manager/company president said that the world would not be for an idol with babies and a boyfriend, so she decided to keep her kids and boyfriend a secret from the outside world instead of completely getting rid of them, since she wanted to experience what a family is like. She managed to accomplish that feat to a certain extent as besides doing a fantastic job as the lead idol for B-Komachi, she even succeeded as an actor for a short while. Ai was peaking at the age of 20 without being so clumsy as to let the cat out of the bag. However, she couldn't fool one of her followers who eventually found out about her having kids and having a boyfriend, and stabbed her because she was "betraying her fans."

In her dying breath, Ai talked to both of her children, Aqua and Ruby, about her wish to see them grow up and be with them in every step, now no longer a possibility. She then begged Y/N to take care of them for her. She managed to finally say that she loved them, finally able to learn how to love others truly, before she died.

At least that's how it was supposed to end for her. Because on that day, Y/N made a deal with Lucifer to save not only her, but also his other girlfriend, Kaori. That deal saved both women, but left Y/N in debt to Lucifer. Ai thought that she survived by a miracle. That was until Lucifer arrived to Y/N to collect his end of the bargain,

He'd been gone for months. Ai and Kaori read over the contract to see if there was a way to free Y/N. But the contract was air tight. Y/N couldn't get out. Aqua and Ruby missed Y/N. Whenever they asked where he was, Ai just said that he was out on a trip. Whenever Y/N's family asked where he was, Ai and Kaori said he was at a conference somewhere far off. But they could only use that excuse so many times.

Ai was currently sitting in her apartment room. Her children were playing with their toys. She had been spending more time with her kids ever since she escaped death and lost Y/N. Funny how losing a loved one and almost one's own life, could change a person. Then, Ai decided to take her children to the park to play. She had to get on a hide her real apprentice to avoid fans. Especially after that one fan tried and filed to kill her. After she was saved, Ai filed a police report, and the police found him. He was shot in both knees as he tried to escape. After a brutal, painful, and frightening interrogation, he confessed to the whole thing. He was arrested, charged with murder and attempted murder, tried, and sentenced to life imprisonment without parole. And the prisoners are making sure to make his every waking moment, a living hell.

Aqua and Ruby were thrilled to run around and explore the playground. They giggled as they swung on the swings, climbed the jungle gym, and slid down the slide.

As the afternoon sun beat down, Ai suggested they take a break and have a picnic under the shade of a nearby tree. She spread out a blanket on the grass and pulled out sandwiches, fruit, and juice boxes for the children. They eagerly dug in, their faces smeared with peanut butter and jelly.

As they ate, Ai watched her children with a contented smile. She marveled at how different they were from each other, yet how much they loved each other. Ruby was outgoing and adventurous, always eager to try new things. Aqua, on the other hand, was more reserved and thoughtful, content to observe his surroundings and take things in at his own pace.

After their picnic, the children were still full of energy. Ai decided to take them for a walk around the park. As they strolled along the paths, they stopped to admire the flowers and watch the ducks swimming in the pond. Ruby pointed out a butterfly fluttering by, and Aqua bent down to examine a ladybug crawling on a blade of grass.

As the sun began to set, Ai knew it was time to head home. She gathered up their things and held each child's hand as they made their way back to the car. As she drove them home, Aqua and Ruby chatted excitedly about their day at the park.

When they arrived home, Ai tucked her tired but happy children into bed. She gave each of them a kiss and whispered "I love you" before turning out the light. As she walked out of the room, she knew she would always cherish the memory of this special day spent with her two precious toddlers.

She looked over at a picture of her and Y/N. She looked at the picture with remorse and guilt.

Ai: I'm so sorry.

She said guilt ridden. She and Kaori had tried for weeks to find a way Y/N could get out of the contract, and they were not going to stop, till they got him back home. He'd sacrificed himself to save them, so now they were in debt to him now.