3. Unspeakable Secret

After we are dismissed, Naruto and his pink-haired friend pass by my side. 'Hi Y/N-Chan! I'm glad we both passed the exam!'

'Hi Naruto, I really appreciate your ambition before the exam started,' I smile.

Naruto scratches his neck and laughs with a blush. 'Well, I'm sorry for nearly causing you to get hurt though.

'Never mind, that's not a big deal. It wasn't you who nearly hurt me anyways...'

'Y/N-Chan! Beside me is Sakura-Chan, it'll be nice for you to know each other!'

'Nice to meet you Y/N, I'm Haruno Sakura!' Sakura greets me with a grin.

'Hi Sakura, nice to meet you too! Your hair looks pretty.'

'Really? Thank you!' Sakura's green eyes glitter.

At this moment, I see Sasuke coming to join his teammates, with his hands inside his pockets.

'Sasuke! I passed the exam!' Naruto points to himself with a broad smile on his face. Sasuke takes a look at me, completely ignoring Naruto and then quietly walks away.
Naruto's face slips in a funny way, making me giggle.

Sakura makes a little run to catch up on Sasuke, 'Wait for me Sasuke! Bye Y/N!'

Just as Sakura finishes her sentence, Sasuke suddenly stops his footsteps and stands for a few seconds. Sakura bumps into him, 'What's wrong Sasuke?'

Sasuke turns around and stares at me in an awkward but not malicious way. Then slowly walks away without saying one word.
'...?'
I don't understand what his expression means but it is definitely giving me a strange feeling, a feeling that one piece has gone missing inside of my heart.

'Sasuke often acts weird, you don't have to mind about him. We'll see you again in the second exam I guess! Byeeee!' Naruto waves.

'Alright, see you later then.' I watch as the backs of Team 7 members fade away.
'Uchiha Sasuke...why does he look a bit familiar? And I've somehow heard of his name. He also seems to have noticed me. Have I ever met him somewhere else before I came to Konoha...?'

'Y/N,' Temari calls as The Three Sand Siblings walk to me, 'Let's go.'

———————————————————————

'I can't believe your team didn't get eliminated in the first round.'

'Oi that's enough Kankuro,' Temari says.

I sigh, 'Never mind.'

Kankuro lowers his voice, 'And your teammate nearly hurt you with his shuriken.'

Gaara suddenly speaks coldly that gives me creeps, 'I am going to kill Gonku and Onami.'

'Gaara...I really hate them but- they don't deserve to die...'

'You are too kind, Y/N.'

'But Gaara! Well...let me at least pass the Chūnin exam first. I need teammates,' I claim although I actually care about their lives more than the exam.
'Why am I defending them...'

'You won't become a Chūnin this time anyway.'

I turn to Gaara's direction with disappointment, 'Why? Why don't you just trust my abilities?'

'It's not about your abilities. Y/N, quit the exam.'

I'm shocked to hear Gaara saying this, 'I've been trying my best to prepare for this exam. How can I give up now?'

Gaara says with a solemn tone, 'You won't want to see what will happen next, the vil-...'

'G-Gaara means that the exam is dangerous and doesn't want you to risk your life for it!' Temari interrupts instantly.

'They are doing this again.'
I feel tired about them trying to hide something from me ever since we were on our way to Konoha.

I find Kankuro and Temari looking at each other as if something was nearly exposed.
'What are they actually trying to hide from me? I do not like this...'

———————————————————————

It is now midnight and we are back in our own rooms. Someone knocks on my door and I open it to see Temari. 'Y/N, I saw you made friends with Konoha Shinobis,' she says and sits on my bed.

I sit down right beside her, 'Glad you saw it, Naruto is very nice to me and the girl with pink long hair is called Haruno Sakura. We just me-...'

'Y/N, I'm sorry to cut in, but you better not make any friends here.'

'Why? I can tell that the Genins here are friendly although we are opponents in the exam.'

Temari sighs, 'Then I'll have to force you to stay away from Konoha Shinobis.'

'Why Temari? Didn't the Land of Wind and Land of Fire sign an alliance treaty? What is going on between Sunagakure and Konohagakure? What are you guys trying to hide from me?'

'Keep in mind that the two countries are always rivals.' She continues, 'It's late now, goodnight Y/N.'

'...Goodnight, Temari.' The door closes as Temari walks out. I lie down with complicated thoughts intruding my brain.
'What's wrong with the two countries...and what's wrong with Sasuke...'

No One's POV

Temari walks to the balcony after tucking Y/N into bed.

The whole village is asleep and it looks beautiful.
'I agree with Gaara. Y/N is really too kind,'
Temari states as she joins Kankuro to admire the view of Konoha.

'That's why we should not tell her about our real aim yet. She will probably try to stop us from it,' Kankuro agrees.

He then continues, 'I wonder how badly all these buildings will be destroyed.'

Temari sighs, 'I don't hope for the worst, but it's an order from Kazekage-Sama.'

'Well, this is Shinobi I guess, a tool controlled and used to combat like a weapon.'

'That does not sound like what you normally say Kankuro,' Temari teases.

'Well, the cocky boy also needs to take a break sometimes.'

They eventually go silent under the silver moonlight.

———————————————————————

Y/N's POV

The day of the second exam has come. All 78 examinees are going to have a survival exam in a creepy looking forest. Iron gates are surrounding the dark forest with warning signs showing that it is a prohibited place.

'Here is the examination venue of the second Chūnin exam—The Fourty-Fourth Training Ground, as know as...the Forest of Death.'

I feel goosebumps after hearing Anko's announcement. A breeze of wind blows to my face, carrying leaves dropping in front of me.
'Foreboding.'