4. Team Y/N

'Foreboding.'
I have a bad feeling about this Forest of Death. From its name, we all know it must be a dangerous place to step in to.

'Before the start of the second exam, I'm going to give all of you this. 'Anko takes out a stack of papers, 'This is an agreement. Every participant needs to sign on this paper.'

'Why?' Naruto asks.

Anko replies excitedly, 'Because some of your lives may be taken in the following exam. Therefore, it requires your agreement to it. Or else I'll have to take the responsibility.' She finishes her sentence and laughs.

The air becomes silent.
'...'
My brain suddenly senses anxiety.

Anko passes the papers to us, 'There are 44 entrances which form a circle. There is a river dividing the forest into half. In the center of the training ground is a tower. There's about 10 kilometres from the entrance to it.' Anko then announces the instructions of the survival exam. Each team starts with one scroll, either the Scroll of Heaven or Earth. We can use any method to steal the opposite scroll from another team and bring it to the tower. The most important thing is that we must not peek at what's written in the scroll.

After Anko's speech, the teams go to a booth to take the starting scroll one by one. Our team gets the Heaven scroll.
'I'm going to have Gonku and Onami making fun of me for 5 whole days. This must be a hard one...'
The three of us then walk to gate 35, our starting point.

'Time to take out that yellow-haired punk,' Gonku says with a smirk.

'Ayy don't be impatient, that guy is Y/N's boyfriend!'

'He is NOT my boyfriend.'

'Oh yeah you won't get a boyfriend anyway!' The two of them laugh again.

I am clearly offended but I decide to act calm. I cross my arms and sigh.
'5 days, just 5 days...'

The time strikes 14:30 and the gates are opened for us.
'I got this.'
I encourage myself as we start to head into the forest.

———————————————————————

The trees surrounding us are enormous. Some even linked their trunks and branches together to form huge walls. The light is dim as the sunlight is blocked by the leaves. It's hard to see clearly as it's dark.

'Ughh what's so dangerous about this forest? We won't touch the poisonous ferns and flowers anyway! We aren't dumb are we?' Gonku says grumpily.

I am once again annoyed, 'Stop being impatient Gonku! We've only been walking for 3 hours.'

'3 hours! This is BORING!' Gonku exclaims and leans against a wall formed by enormous trees with his arms crossed.

'We have 117 hours to go,' Onami says and sits on the floor next to Gonku.

I really want to stay away from them so I stand at the exact opposite tree, with a few metres in between.

Suddenly, I glimpse a slight movement of dark grey behind the wall that my teammates are near. My heart tightens.
'That was probably just an illusion.'
That part of dark grey moves again.
'Wait...it kinda looks like a...head?'
Just then, the wall starts to elevate from the ground. Gonku and Onami are shocked. They step forward immediately. Four huge legs appear  standing in front of us. Those legs start to move and makes a loud stomping sound.
'That can't be-...'

'RUN! It's a gigantic bear!!' I yell as the brown-black creature turns around to us. Onami and I turn our tails away and jump onto a tree.

'Gonku what are you doing?! Come up!' Onami frowns.

'Back off ugly bear you suck!' Gonku takes out a bunch of shurikens from his weapon pocket.

'What is going on with you?! The bear is ten times larger than us!!'

'I can beat it Onami!' Gonku throws the weapons and they hit the bear.

'Dumbhead.' Onami murmurs and runs away alone.

I watch as he selfishly goes off, 'Onami!'

'I'm not risking my life to safe dumbheads
Y/N!'

I look at Onami as he escapes alone.
'Great team!'

A loud growl comes to my ears. The bear is hurt and its eyes look extremely furious. It reaches out its paw. Gonku attempts to run but the paw slams into Gonku's face. He goes flying and hits a tree far away.

'Gonku!' I rush to him and see blood streaming down his head. 'The bear is coming we have to go!' I grab his arms to help him up.

'I don't need your help!' He washes my hands off just the same as before the first exam. But there is no time for my anger to burn. Gonku and I begin to run on tree branches once he gets up.

———————————————————————

We've been running for a while and seem to have escaped from the enormous bear. We stop down in an open area and drop to our knees after all those running.
'Finally, some sunlight.'

'I warned you, dumbhead.' Onami appears.

'You selfish punk!' Gonku tightens his fist.

'It's not a time for you two to argue!' I can't stand this internal conflict anymore.

'Shut up! Y/N!' Gonku stares at me.

'No one ever abandons their teammates! And no one ever swings their teammate's hands off when they are only trying to help!' I burst out all my anger at once. Seems like I've never screamed this loud before. My two teammates are quite surprised.

Onami rolls his eyes at me and walks away.

Gonku shouts, 'No girls try to cut in guys' arguments!'

I feel my heart boil and find my teeth already gritting tightly.

Onami suddenly stops, 'Shush! Someone's here.'

I instantly alert myself and hold back my anger to feel the approaching chakra.
'Who is that?'
I cautiously walk towards the familiar chakra.

'Oops I'm exposed!' Yellow hair pops up from a bush as I step back with a jump. Naruto scratches the back of his head and chuckle with his tongue sticking out.

'Naruto! How coincidental,' I smile.

'Hi Y/N!' Sakura comes out from the bush.

'Hi Sakura and of course Sasuke,' I greet as Sasuke walks out with his hands inside his pockets. He looks at me with cold eyes, 'No time for a friends' meeting, what is your team's scroll?'

'Fight us and you'll know.' Gonku smirks and Onami stares at Sasuke. Gonku looks to Naruto, 'Oi yellow jerk.'

Steams of anger immediately blasts out of Naruto, 'IS THAT HOW YOU CALL A FUTURE HOKAGE!?'

Things will not turn out great if arguments start, so I quickly suggest, 'Guys! Let's not fight yet. Maybe we can take a look at each others' scrolls first. If we have the same one, there's no point to fight.'

'What if we have the opposite one, huh?' Gonku raises one eyebrow.

I start hesitating for a few seconds. Sasuke pulls his hand out from his pockets, 'We fight.'