Chapter 3: The New World

I was successfully able to go to my brother's condo safely. His room is on the 8th floor. The room is already decorated as to my brother's taste, as expected. It's too bright and wide. All are in white, from the ceiling down to the curtain sheers down to the floor made up of marble. Actually, my brother and I have similar taste in interior aesthetics but not like this.

"Hey," I called my brother as he went fast to the kitchen and got a bottle of water and drank it. "Buy some plants. Your space is decorated with too much white."

"I was about to but I don't have the budget yet." he reasoned out, "I am still studying, sister"

"Whatever." my brat voice came out, "You should go already." I commanded.

"Yeah!" he said, sulking. I laughed.

After a few minutes of instructing me to take care of his condo, he left peacefully. I went around the room and arranged my clothes. There are only a few because I need to subtly leave the place, carrying luggage will raise dad's staff to suspect. Thus, I can buy my stuff.

Now, I decided to prepare my food but it turns out that water is the only thing in the refrigerator! I called my brother.

"YAH!" I shouted.

"Why, sister?"

"There's nothing in the refrigerator!"

"Oh, I forgot to tell you about that. Hehehe."

"You gave your car to me to meet less people but forgot to buy food, huh?!" I frustratedly said.

"You have your gears, sister. You can do it!" After he said that, he hurriedly ended the call. I sighed deeply.

I don't have the choice but to go to the market. But before going outside, I wore my sunglasses and brought my black round shoulder bag.

I know how to buy things in the market because this is my happiest memory before my mom died. She always took me along even when I had this ability of mine. She's the one who welcomed and introduced me to this new world. But after she died, something happened that scares me to learn what the past has been.

~ ^-^ ~

Standing in front of the market for 3 minutes, waiting for myself to calm down. I closed my eyes and thought of something together with my mom. My happiness, my calmness and my stability.

I entered the market and I saw how things changed 6 years ago. Lights are bright and walls are painted in green and white, alternating. Few people are in the market. I guess I can freely and calmly buy things. Phew.

After 15 mins, I am able to buy without trouble. Good job, Ayne!

~ ^-^ ~

I am back to the condo, finished parking my car and about to go to the elevator.

"Oh, wait!" I shouted as I hurriedly walked, carrying two heavy bags. Thankfully, someone stopped the elevator door from closing. But one step away from the elevator, I remembered I am not wearing my sunglasses. I accidentally looked him in the eyes. I stopped but, what is this?

I see nothing.