Chapter 18

AYNE'S POV

It's been three days since the plan was decided... solely by me which Anna and Mat opposed to some of it. Anna suggested plan B which I partially agreed to.

I just need Anna's plan to work. She said that Franco will be a great help to cover up for us. According to Anna's source, he also came from a prestigious family but chooses to go on his own for an unknown reason. How quite brave of him.

I was just waiting here in my condo, together with my brother when the doorbell rang. I opened the door and Anna, together with Franco, showed up. I smiled slowly.

So let the game begin.

~ ^_^ ~

We arrived at the car racing area, wearing casual clothes. It is a private lot and only people with tickets are allowed to enter. Mat was able to get us tickets due to his old unknown friend. We entered a building full of colorful lights and loud music, completed with drinks and bright chandeliers. A glass wall surrounded the four corners of the hall.

But as we entered a lot of the people recognized Anna and that's her plan B. Getting the attention of everyone for me to investigate all throughout the building including the man behind that tattoo.

After a few minutes, the event started. I scanned the whole place but was unable to see the person I'm looking for. I simply watched people, celebrating, until a man walked past in front of me, wearing the same clothes I saw in my vision.

He walked towards a staircase while I made myself follow him without being caught.

Arriving at the 2nd floor, He went inside the room labeled, V.I.P. I closely put my face towards the door to hear what is going on inside.

"What did I tell you?!", a loud voice suddenly put me into shock. "Get out!"

Then, I heard a glass shatter. "And you, bring me another glass of wine! Faster!", the man added.

I quickly hid behind the adjacent room after I sensed someone was about to open the door, but it stunned me when I saw Lucas standing in front of me. I was about to talk when he pulled me closer to him, making me feel his breaths and smell his own scent. He closed the door and we hid at the back of it. Both of us never said a word until we heard something.

"I already warned you about this. Your debt is increasing 10% of its value and you even have a contract. In this game, you have no escape, Hunter.", a man calmly explained.

"I know. I have only 300,000 left in this debt. I have a plan to pay it all in at once. Just wait for it, Theo.".

After that conversation, we heard their steps as it decreased its sound.

Then, Lucas abruptly asks, "What are you doing here?".

"Its my matter—", he cut me off before I could finish.

"It's dangerous here.", he said, concerned.

"I am with Anna. No need to be my dad, Lucas.".

After I talked, he looked at me so dearly that I concluded that I was in an awkward situation. I decided to push him gently. "Don't ever look at me like that. I might read something before I lose control."

"Huh?", he confusingly replied.

"Nothing.". I looked around and saw how the room is designed. Full of monitors with displayed videos, CCTV footage I mean. All of the rooms and halls are covered with CCTV. Everyone are

"Regardless of how this event is legal, there is still this illegality of elites hidden behind it.", Lucas answered. "This is why I am so shocked that you are here."

"Who is the main proprietor?", I asked.

"Why?".

I looked at him seriously.

"I can't disclose my knowledge. I am under—".

"Okay. Then you know what's behind Nardel's case, that's why you are here.".

He looked at me shocked, "So you are here because of him.".

I didn't talk and just continued looking at the footage.

"Why?", he confusingly asked. "I mean he threatened you. Almost got lost your precious life."

"All of us have reasons. I have a reason and that results for me to help him know what is the truth because that will set him free from his pressure."

I heard him sighed. "The people we heard about a while ago are people who work under a name, Domingo. They are notorious for killing people with a price. And Hunter is one of the last person who caught killing Nardel's parents."

"Then, why are you here?", I asked.

"The police detective department lacks sufficient evidence to put Hunter into jail."

I nodded, then I gave him a paper. "Go to my office tomorrow. I have evidence.".

I quickly grabbed my USB and collected all the footage that happened in the room where the so-called Domingo stayed.

After that I was about to leave the room, when we heard a group of people talking and walking upstairs.

"Anna and her boyfriend look good together. I guess tomorrow this will be on the news.", a girl said.

"Oh, girl, you can see how her boyfriend cares for her even in Anna's little movements. They look so lovely. I am already envious", another girl added.

I smirked. I didn't know if they were really acting but they were effective.