Chapter 5

HANS' POV

I was about to leave together with the security when Ayne stopped me. I turned around and she was holding my hand, still trembling. I looked at her. Her head is slightly bent over, I cannot see his face clearly. The security left us unnoticed.

"Uhmm... can you help me..." she panting, "bring me to Alter Hospital. I'll give you my car keys." she weakly said as she gave me her keys.

Alter Hospital? My father's hospital?

"Hospital? Why?" I wrinkled my forehead, slightly shocked.

"I need to meet my doctor as soon as possible, before I–" before she can continue talking, she suddenly sat down and strongly grasped my hand. Now, I can see her face fully drowned with sweat.

"Hey, what's the problem?" I worriedly asked.

"Just bring me to the hospital." she calmly said as she was hardly breathing.

"Can you walk?" I asked, she shook her head. I face-palmed. Nice, early... EARLY in the morning doing exercise.

I faced my back on her and gave her a piggyback ride and went down.

~ -_- ~

At the Alter Hospital, she's not talking and just closing her eyes tightly while holding her head. I went down the car, hastily.

"Sir Mino!" greeting one of the guards in the emergency room while giving me a salute. I threw the car keys to him.

"Park this!" I shouted as I went to Ayne's side and carried her to go inside the emergency room. At the exact moment, we bumped into Franco Mint, my friend, holding a coffee. He hurriedly called the nurses and helped me. I placed Ayne in the hospital bed and Franco immediately did the necessary things to check her. Also, he asked me different questions and I answered them truthfully. But I was stunned by his last question.

"How come you met this bigtime girl?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked him confusingly.

"Oh, you are not updated on the things happening here? I forgot you just came from Italy." After saying this he talked to one of his nurses and instructed what to do. Then, he looked back at me, "Do you know that she is one of the V.I.P here in the hospital, she is Marianna Ynell Cantle?"

Marianna Ynell Cantle?

I looked at him confused and serious, "Her name is Ayne." I clarified.

"Yeah," he happily nodded. "That's how close people call her."

"Then, what's her problem?"

"I don't know."

I looked at him confused, "You are a doctor, right?"

"I don't handle V.I.P patients. Their charts are privately kept. I just gave her first aid prior to what you've answered to my questions."

"Then, who will check on her?"

"Your father." he calmly said and took a sip to his cup of coffee. I was about to speak but cut because he was called by a nurse for another patient, he said goodbye and left me standing.

Joseph Hue Riddlestone, my father and one of the directors of Alter Hospital. Also, one of the people who didn't support me in my entire life because of their belief that being a doctor earns the greatest respect which I truly oppose.

"Mino." A familiar voice that woke me up, the voice of my father, that I left for 10 years ago. I didn't change my name, I just changed my approach of how people will call me. My name is Domino Hans Riddlestone. Previously, Mino but now, it's Hans.

I looked back and saw how he changed, wrinkles can now be seen. In short, he's getting old.

"Dad?" I murmured. He's about to hug me, but I stepped back. "What's her problem?" as I faced back to where Ayne was lying in bed.

"Due to the signed conditional agreements with the patient, I cannot disclose it." he answered.

"Okay, then I guess I can go, since you already know her." I was about to leave when my dad spoke.

"Can we talk?" he said, begging.

I looked at him with a straight face. "It depends." and starts to walk away.

I can't. I still have trouble confronting a hard wall that no one bothered to destroy. The grudge within me is still on its peak. I know it's petty for some but for people that undergo a traumatic event, it's severe.