Chapter 8

AYNE'S POV

3 PM. Alter Hospital.

After my brother delivered the message about me getting discharged, I quickly packed my things. I don't know but it excites me so much that I can feel the worms in my stomach being active.

"What do you feel, Sister?", as he carries my bag.

"Nothing.", I kept my straight face talking to him but my insides are being active as if they haven't been home for years.

"What is your plan?", he asked. I faced him confidently. The sunglasses he wears prevent me from seeing his eyes.

"I will make him cure me.", I said, seriously.

He looked at me, wrinkling his forehead. I tapped his shoulders and smirked. At the same time, we were about to enter the elevator when Anna appeared wearin.

"Ayne!", she shouted which made everyone look at us. Flustered, I immediately went inside and shut Anna's obstreperous mouth.

"That loud voice of yours!", I loudly whispered and she just shuts her mouth looking like she doesn't know what she did wrong. But there is one thing I feel with her bizarre actions, I am sure about something is happening to her. And I know anytime soon she'll open up with her talkative mouth of hers, I don't expect.

"What are you doing here?", I added.

"I'll come with you to your condo unit.", she brightly answered.

I looked at my brother, "I didn't tell her!", he answered, convincingly, while shaking his head.

I looked back to Ayne, "I have my secretary.", confidently answered and flipped her hair.

"Are you instructing your secretary to stalk me?", questioning her.

"No, just today–", her phone rang as we stepped out of the elevator. "Hello?... Then, get me the informations and schedule a meeting tomorrow 10 AM.", and ended the call.

"Who?", my brother asked.

"My secretary."

"What is it about?", my brother added, curious, as usual.

She smiled and put her hands on my shoulders, "I'll tell you when we are at the condo.". She excitedly pushed me to start walking. "But, first let's go to the mall. I need to buy something.", she whispered. I looked back at her, confused. She just smiled.

~ ^-^ ~

Mall.

Anna and I went to a department store and straight to the lingerie section. My brother went to a bookstore and suggested that they come back to the car park once they finished their business. I suggested that I will stay but Anna kept on suggesting to go out. I can't say no to her since I have been grateful for her ever since but I can't stop myself from being annoyed by her tactics.

"Why are we here, by the way? Too much obsessed with lingeries?", I sarcastically said.

"I am not. This is a gift.", she said as she scanned the different colored nightgowns hanging in a rack.

"For whom?".

She faced me, "You.". I looked at her with a straight face.

"You know I don't wear that kind of clothes.".

"I know. You like doll inspired dresses as your nightgowns but you are already getting out of your box. You are a woman, now.".

"Wearing a doll-like outfit doesn't define me, just to be called a woman. I am who I know I am.".

"I know. But someday, you'll need these.", she teasingly said and joined it with a wink

I looked at her disgusted and sighed.

After a few minutes, she bought 3 sets, all in color black and red. Afterwards, we went back to the car park where my brother was waiting us.

~ ^-^ ~

At Condo,

"Welcome!", my brother shouted as we got out of the car.

"Wow! I haven't been here.", Anna said while looking at the place. Actually, we are at the basement, car park specifically. I don't know what is astonishing here but I can only see monochrome colored cars parked. I am so embarrassed with them right now.

I immediately walked fast and they followed. As we arrived at my floor, someone was standing in front. I looked up and it was him. The person I need and hope. He is wearing long white sleeves folded up to his elbow and black formal pants, carrying a black leather backpack. I unconsciously smiled and stare at him. It's been a long time. We stepped out of the elevator.

"Mino?", Anna suddenly said. I saw how he looked so shocked.

"Anna?", he murmured. Without any wasted time, Anna suddenly hugged him in front of us. Hans became embarrassed and kept on pushing her, but later on, Anna surrendered.

Anna faced us, "Everyone, my cousin, Domino Riddlestone.", and then she looked back at Hans, "Mino, this is my best friend, Ayne Cantle, and her younger brother, Mat Cantle.".

"Nice to meet you, Dude.", my brother offered his hand, which he delightfully accepted. "I apologize for the inconvenience that my sister caused.", my brother took a glance and looked back at Hans, "She is quite high maintenance.". I looked fiercely at my brother. My brother really can't stop his bountiful mouth. He just laughed. If there's no one here, he is already dead.

"No problem. Its nice to meet all of you, " he looked at his watch, "but I need to go. I have to meet someone.", he looked at Anna, "So, may I excuse myself.".

But before he can go, Anna hit his back, "Password?".

He looked at her, confused. Anna quickly was able to comprehend and smiled like she was thinking something.

"Unit, cousin.", she cleared.

"Why would I tell you?", he sarcastically asked.

"Because I want to."

"Stop it, cousin. I know you need some place to stay alone since you are now the new CEO of the company.", Anna quickly covered Hans' mouth. Hans removed it and wiped his mouth while looking at her disgusted.

I was left confused and somewhat bothered. Their relationship is quite close.

Anna looked at me, "I'll tell you about that later.", she said, convincingly.

Hans looked at me, briefly, and went back talking to Anna, "I need to go.", and starts bowing in front of us, saying goodbye.

"Then, I'll wait!", Anna shouted. I sighed and walked towards my unit's door. Anna quickly followed me behind and started talking faster. I couldn't comprehend when I went inside my unit. I saw the big changes. From white atmosphere to white and wood combined design, decorated with few green plants. I looked at my brother.

"I got the money from the main card.'' he said. I smirked. I knew it. I went to the kitchen. The refrigerator is now full of food from meats to fruits to vegetables.

I get a bottle of water and sat on the couch.

"Mat! Order something to eat.", I command.

Suddenly, Anna walked towards me, "We need to celebrate! Let's have a drink!", Anna excitedly shouted. But I can feel the sadness behind her face. I can feel something is bothering her.

I looked at my watch and it's 6 PM.

Where is he going? I need to talk to him but my uninvited aliens are here with me. Hayyyy....