Chapter 17

FRANCO's POV

I was in my dorm's lobby when a familiar voice caught my ears while I was talking to Hans. "Mr. Mint!", she shouted. I looked back and it showed me a familiar lady, wearing expensive designed clothes and a bag, walking towards me, slightly furious and drawing a forced smile on her face.

I ended the call and panicky, closed my laptop.

She is standing in front of me, crossed arms. "Can we talk?", she asked, holding back herself to do anything embarrassing.

"Why?", I thoughtlessly blurted with a straight face. I know it is so sarcastic but please hear me out people, I am not close to this woman. All I know is she is a family member of Hans, nothing more, nothing less. Knowing that she is now in front of me, furious, that's already questionable.

Her response was like she was summoned by a devil because of how she can't believe what I said.

Before she could create a scene, I stood up and ordered her, "Then, let's talk outside, not here?", and about to start walking. I felt she followed. We went into the garden. "What do you want?", I seriously started.

She sighed. "Have you ever thought about your mistakes?".

"Mistakes?", I confusingly asked.

"Yeah, mistakes!", she shouted. This made me look around without revealing I was doing it.

"Okay, If I ever did anything to you, then I am sincerely apologizing for whatever I made but as far I remember, I didn't do anything to you."

I can see how irritated she is, "Apology not accepted. Pay me back.".

"What?!", I raised my voice this time due to this unbelievable thought she is sending here. I can't believe that I am talking to this nonsense girl.

"Do you not know me?", her sarcastic voice came out of her.

"Why do I need to know you?", I also answered her, sarcastically. Let's fight with sarcastic. I'm in.

She showed an irritated smirk, "You should know who you are dealing with because that's a common sense of a respectable person."

I was about to speak when she cut me off by raising her hands in front of me and walked away. I am pissed off at her and just kicked the bushes out of frustration. How can this girl be so boastful at the same time stupid.

*clicks*

A camera shutter caught my attention. I looked around but it was too dark to fully see the surroundings. Scratching my head, I decided to walk back to my dorm.

Three days passed,

I was preparing my breakfast when my doorbell rang. I immediately closed the stove and walked towards the main door. An unknown small brown box appeared in front of the door. I looked around and no one was to be seen. I scanned the whole box and saw a note.

Receiver: Franco Mint

Delivered by: Unknown

Without suspecting, I brought the box inside and opened it. A large amount of paper scraps and used water bottles are inside. Then a letter is left on top of it. The letter is composed of cut outs from magazines forming a sentence.

Leave her or die.

My confused self is in the process of understanding what happened and come up to the point that I should ask security of the building who delivered this stupid thing. But before I could do that, my phone rang. It's the head resident from the Emergency Room Department, telling me to go early in the hospital since the directors of the hospital will come over.