Maybe i will like dustins friends.

The bell rang and I walked through the hallway with my Walkman playing "Bark At The Moon by Ozzy Osborne" I walked into the cafeteria and saw Dustin waving me down, I walked over fast cause it looked embarrassing. I took off my Walkman and the music faded out. "Y/n these are my friends," Dustin said. They all stared and it was really weird and embarrassing. Until one caught my eye and said, "Eddie Munson, leader of the d&d club." He said while holding out his hand. I shook his hand slowly and awkwardly and said "so you're the leader of that stupid game?" Everyone gasped and he shouted "Stupid?!" Our table caught a few eyes. "Dungeons and Dragons are not stupid... it is mysterious, a-and dangerous. You wouldn't know if you haven't played it." He said. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. A few seconds later I and Eddie made deep eye contact. He spoke up, "where are you from new girl?" "Oh um,, well I'm from California," I said. Another one of his friends spoke up "damn California, what made you wanna move here-?" Dustin cut him off and shook his head. "Um I didn't want to and Dustin it's fine they can know. My parents died so yeah I didn't really Wanna move here so." I said. The table had a long pause of silence. "I'm gonna go," I said while getting up.

I walked off and once I got to the hallway I heard running footsteps coming toward me. I turned around and saw Eddie. He caught up to me and pulled up his pants and looked at me "are you okay?" I looked at him. "You chased after me to ask me that?" I asked. I could tell that's not why he came up to me. "Yep. But Um maybe you could consider joining one of our games someday. I sighed "look I didn't really mean it when I called it stupid but yeah I could come and try it someday," I said. His face lit up and he smiled. "Cool- uh see you around California." He yelled, "it's y/n!" I yelled back And smiled.