twelve

"Take my car. If you wreck Billy's he'll come for our necks." Dylan stood up and grabbed her keys off the counter before throwing them to Max. "Help me take him to the car." 

It took Dylan plus Max and Lucas  to drag him to the car while Dustin and Mike gathered supplies. Dylan probably could've done it herself if she weren't so sick. Max got into the driver's seat, Lucas in the front and then Mike, Dustin and Dylan squeezed into the back with Steve sprawled across them. 

"Don't crash." Dylan told Max as she started the car. 

Max pulled out of the driveway and began following Lucas' directions while Dylan tended to Steve's face. She dabbed the cold rag to his cuts and bruises and the frozen bag of peas she brought to his eye. 

"Fucking Billy." She said under her breath again.

"You keep saying that." Dustin said. 

"Well, look at his face." She huffed. 

Dylan focused on Steve as much as she could just so she wouldn't get car sick and throw up from Max's driving. She probably should've thought it through more, but letting her drive seemed like the best solution at the time. 

"Dyl pickle?" Dylan looked down, hearing Steve's groggy voice. He reached up to touch his face, but she grabbed his hand, squeezing it lightly.

"Don't touch it." She said in annoyance. 

Steve turned his head to Dustin who made sure to let him know that Billy Hargrove did indeed kick his ass, but that he put up a good fight anyway. The more Steve came to and looked around, the more he began to slightly panic.

"What's going on?" He asked, his eyes landing on Max behind the steering wheel. "Oh my god."

"Steve, calm down." Dylan said to him, seeing the panic building behind his eyes. 

"Slow down! Stop the car!" Steve yelled. Everyone began yelling over each other for what seemed like the millionth time tonight. 

"Everyone shut up I'm trying to focus!" Max shouted.

"That's Mount Sinai!" Lucas pointed to the street sign.

"What?" 

"Turn left- LEFT!" Lucas yelled. 

Max swerved left, ramming into a stop sign causing everybody in the car to yell. Dylan would've been mad about the dent that might've been left on her car, but then she thought about how she'd be dead by morning anyways so it wouldn't matter. 

"Are we almost there? I need out of this car, I'm burning up." Dylan took a deep breath, using her shirt to wipe the sweat that was dripping from her face. She wanted to shove Steve off of her to keep his body heat away from her but there was nowhere for him to move.

Right as Dylan finished the sentence her car skidded to a stop right in front of the entrance to the tunnel. She was the first out of the car wanting to tear the sweatshirt off of her body, but she knew she shouldn't. She needed to stay hot so that this thing would hopefully leave her. 

Steve fell out of the car as the kids began gathering their supplies from the back of the car. Dylan stood still trying to level her breathing with her hands on top of her head. Steve tried getting their attention but they ignored him and continued suiting up. 

"I made myself clear! We are not going down there right now. Hey there is no chance we are going into that hole, alright? Dylan, why are you standing there, tell them!" Steve yelled. He was still clearly dazed by his beating from Billy. 

"Listen, Steve." Dustin said to him. "I get you're upset, okay? But the bottom line is a party member requires our assistance. And it's our duty to provide that assistance."