eight

Dylan's chest was aching, a pain she had never felt before. Unable to stop screaming, her entire body began to shake and convulse. Steve grabbed her hands, holding them at her side as he and Dustin kneeled down to her level. Steve's heart was skipping beats as he looked to see what might have been hurting her, but there was no type of visible wounds on her body. 

"Dyl! Dyl, what's happening?" Steve yelled, but Dylan couldn't find the strength to answer. The only word to describe what she felt whole was fire. As if somebody had thrown gasoline on her and threw the match right after.

"Should I call 911?" Dustin asked. 

"N-no! Home! Take me home!" Dylan screamed.

The last thing she wanted to do was be a bother to Joyce when Will's health was already at risk as well. She wondered if Will was feeling exactly what  she was in that moment. She had never felt something so painful in her life, not even the time she broke her femur.

It felt like she was dying, and in the moment she literally thought she was dying. For a moment, she imagined that's what death felt like, and it didn't take long for her to believe it.

Dylan thought of Joyce and her father and how much she wished she could have grown up with parents that loved each other. She thought about how she hadn't called her dad in a while when she should be calling him everyday. She thought of Jonathan and how the last thing she told him was that her family didn't need him but in reality all she wanted was her little brother. She thought about Will and how terrified she was to leave him behind in this state. Her entire life was flashing before her eyes as her body was convulsing, hands tightly gripping Steve's shirt.

She thought of Steve and how the last thing they did was fight. She thought about how much she really loved him and never got the chance to really be with him. All of the times they sat in the library, at the diner, in class, and not once did they tell each other how they felt because he was with Nancy.

"Dylan, please. Do not do this to me. Please." Steve begged as he lifted Dylan up bridal style and carried her quickly up the stairs out of the cellar.

"We have to take her to the hospital." Dustin said again.

"No!" Dylan objected.

Dustin crawled into the backseat with Dylan, her head resting on his lap. 

"Hold her head up." Steve told him as he started his car. Dustin followed Steve's orders and held Dylan's head in his lap, brushing her hair from her face. She was dripping sweat at this point, her skin pale. Tears were spilling from her eyes uncontrollably and she couldn't focus on one single thing.

"It's gonna be okay, Dylan." Dustin said, quietly. He didn't know what else to tell her, he was scared for her life. Scared that she might die right there in his lap.

Dylan could tell he was scared, even through every ounce of pain. She even felt bad for a split second. Steve kept looking into the backseat as he sped down the windy backroads of Hawkins. Dylan could feel herself phasing in and out of consciousness, her vision blurring, eyes rolling into the back of her head.

One second she was seeing dark tunnels, the next she was seeing Dustin and Steve panicking at the thought that she might die, and vaguely she was seeing Joyce and Chief Hopper standing over her followed by a bunch of doctors attempting to hold her down. Only she wasn't in a hospital and she wasn't with her mother or Chief Hopper. Was she seeing through Will's eyes?

Were she and Will experiencing the same thing right now?

Dylan felt sick thinking that her brother could possibly be going through the same thing. She couldn't wish this pain on her worst enemy. Was he seeing through her eyes?