three

Dylan didn't say a word. She looked around at her surroundings, becoming overwhelmed with fear. She got down next to Will, and pulled him to her chest, looking around the dark neighborhood.

There were just kids running up and down the streets, and now they were empty and eerily quiet. 

The sounds of the Shadow Monster were getting closer and closer and she could feel tears falling down her face again. It sounded close and far all at once. She pulled Will closer and squeezed her eyes shut, swearing she could feel its breath on her ear.

Almost as soon as she was sucked in, they were both pulled out. Mike Wheeler was shaking Will's shoulder. Dylan and Will both looked up and there stood Will's party. Dylan stood up and brushed off her dress and wiped her tears.

"I'll be in the car. Do you want a ride?" Dylan said before any of his friends could question her. Mike shook his head, though he knew what he saw. Dylan and Will simultaneously sharing an episode. "Will?"

"Can you take us to Mike's?"

"Yes, of course."

Dylan walked as quickly as she could without looking strange and got into her car waiting for Will and Mike. How could this have happened again? This was far worse than a Demogorgan. This was something they wouldn't be able to handle. Especially without Eleven.

Why am I connected to this? She thought.

Not a word was said the entire way back to Mike's even though it was only a short ride.

"I'll have Jonathan pick you up, okay?" She turned around to look at Will and Mike in the back seat.

"Thanks for the ride, Dylan." Mike said and she gave him a small smile.

"We'll talk when I get home?" Will asked his big sister before he got out of the car and she nodded.

Once he was gone and inside Mike's Dylan released a huge breath. This was the second time this had happened. How many more would it? Will and Dylan both know that this was real, so why were we acting so normal about it? The lack of urgency was bothering Dylan, but she couldn't try to force Will to talk about it or he never would.

They needed to talk tonight, to try and figure out what was going on.

When Dylan got home, Joyce and Bob were sitting on the couch watching some Halloween special. She took the hood off and walked into her room, ignoring Joyce and Bob calling her name to ask about her night. She nearly quite literally ripped the costume off and stepped into the shower.

Dylan sat down and pulled her knees to her chest letting the steaming water wash over herself. She absolutely couldn't think or process or comprehend anything that had happened. She couldn't help but cry about the things that she had seen, knowing that from this point forward things would only get worse for her and her brother. She tried to understand, to process, even to prepare for what would come next, but nothing felt okay.

She cried about the thought of her baby brother going through that alone for almost a year. Now all of a sudden he wasn't alone anymore and she was stuck going through it with him. She cried because she wanted it all to be a dream.

Dylan stayed in the shower until the water ran cold against my skin. She finally got out and wrapped a towel around her body. She walked into her room and opened her drawers finding her pajamas for the night and her clothes for school tomorrow.

She stopped for a moment when she heard the doorbell ring and looked at the time. It was almost midnight. She just assumed Joyce would answer it until it rang a second time.