six

Dylan woke up the next morning sighing in frustration when she saw the time. She didn't count on Joyce to wake her up since Will was staying home today. She still wanted to go to school, so she was a little upset that Joyce didn't wake her. She knew that it was because her mom felt bad that they were not getting the amount of rest they needed. A part of her was a little happy, considering there was a bare chest Steve laying on the other side of her bed.

"Hey, wake up, we gotta go." She said quietly, as she crawled out of bed.

When he didn't move, she put her hand on his chest causing him to gasp, sit up quickly, and grab her hand, "Dyl, you're freezing."

She pulled her hand away and held it to her chest, "I feel fine, that's weird," She shrugged and threw him a shirt from her personal collection of Steve Harrington, "Come on, we're late."

They took Steve's car to school that day and she wasn't surprised when Nancy and Jonathan were missing yet again. Dylan didn't forget about hers and Jonathan's blow up last night, how could she? She hated arguing with him, but sometimes he was just so impossible.

It felt like a piece of their family was missing from all of this and that piece was Jonathan.

"Dyl, are you sure you're okay?" He asked again and she snapped her head at him irritably.

"I'm fine. Let's go." She replied harshly.

She was feeling a little cold but she didn't really feel it until stepping outside. It was far warmer outside than it was inside and it almost instantly made her start to sweat. The temperature was noticeably different to her. 

"You look ill, Dylan, are you sure we sho-"

"If you ask me another question regarding my health, Harrington-" She sighed and bit her tongue, refraining from snapping at him.

It seemed impossible to explain, she just felt really irritable and stepping outside made her body heat up a million degrees. She hoped she wasn't getting sick because ever since last year, she promised herself she wouldn't miss anymore school. When Will went missing she missed almost a month of school; one for the week he was gone and another two to recover. Her grades dropped and she had a really hard time making it through the rest of the year. She barely made it to senior year.

It was always cold in Hawkins High school, and she usually hated it and always had to borrow Steve or Jonathan's jacket. But when she walked in from outside that seemed to be burning up, she felt relieved as the cool air hit her face. Steve and Dylan separated for class, both of them agreeing to look out for Nancy and Jonathan.

The day seemingly dragged on for ages and she just wanted it to be over. When it was the two  met up at his car and drove to the diner in town. They sat in their favorite booth and each ordered a milkshake.

"Do you wanna talk about last night?" He asked and she could feel her cheeks heat up a bit.

"What about last night?" Dylan traced my finger around the rim of the milkshake glass. She obviously knew he meant about what they did, but it felt weird admitting it out loud. It still hadn't hit her yet that they had hooked up.

"You know..." He trailed off and he had the same smile that she did.

"How we had very, very steamy sex last night? Or how me and my brother got into an argument? Or how I'm connected to my brother and Hawkins is probably gonna crash and burn under the wrath of the Shadow Monster?" Dyl crossed her arms, leaning back in the booth as she looked at him.

"I was just gonna talk about the steamy sex, but if you wanna talk about the other stuff that's cool too." Steve's mouth was kind of open and he looked a little shocked that she just spit all of that out.