five

"Dylan, what are you-" Joyce's voice faded away as Dylan closed her eyes, shaking the nerves from her fingers

She didn't say anything and just lifted her hands and gripped onto Will's shoulders. She tried to prepare but still gasped when she opened her eyes again realizing she was at still at Hawkins Middle School. She was crouched behind her car. Every time she had connected with Will before, she would always appear next to him. Why was this time different?

She stood up slowly looking around at her surroundings. Everything was dark outside with the same dust particles floating around everywhere.

As lightning flashed she saw it emerge from the shadows. The silhouette of the thing that had been terrorizing Will. Just as she had feared, it wasn't a demogorgan. It was so much more. It was massive and had multiple of what looked like arm/legs. She pushed the tears back as it moved closer towards the field. There was a huge cloud of darkness rushing towards Will's voice as he screamed "Leave me alone!"

"Will!" Dylan called, as he finally came into view. He was standing there, screaming at the darkness and at the Shadow Monster to leave him alone. She sprinted towards him, screaming his name, "Will, run!"

Just as he looked over to her, the sky flashed red and one of the legs threw her onto her back. She could tell that they were just made up of particles. She was breathless as pain overtook her body. She sat up, squinting my eyes to see through the dark. Wind was blowing harshly everywhere, dust particles getting into her eyes. Her jaw dropped as she tried to stand up, seeing Will drowning as these clouds and darkness surrounded him, overtaking him. She screamed his name trying to move but  was stuck in her spot.

A gush of wind knocked her off my feet onto my back again. She squeezed the grass between her fingers trying to gain strength to move. She was  squinting her eyes to see as best as she could through the dust flying around.

No matter how loud she tried to scream his name and tell him to run he was stuck in his place and she was stuck in hers.

Just when she found the strength to pull myself up, a vine wrapped around her ankle causing her to fall again. She rolled onto my back, looking down and trying to pull the vines off but they kept crawling up her legs, squeezing tighter and tighter. She let out a scream from the pain of how tight they were squeezing.

It was only seconds until the vines latched around her arms, holding me down. She struggled and struggled to pull away, until she was forced to give up from exhaustion. 

Suddenly, she was looking up at a blue sky, Will's party and my mom all standing around her. Joyce and Will helped her stand up and she looked around at everyone.

Will was okay. She was okay.

And they both looked like total weirdos.

"Let's get you two home," Joyce said as she took both of their hands. They walked through the school back to where their cars were parked, the only two left in the lot. As they walked down the stairs, she looked back as Lucas said, "Two episodes in two days."