Heartache

Katrina's POV

I groaned and tried to roll over in an attempt to block out the early morning sun. I couldn't roll over,  something was stopping me. I lazily opened my eyes and came face to face with Janet. We were cuddling. Let's not sugar coat it. We were spooning. She looked so beautiful and at peace, lying there sleeping. I stroked her cheek with my hand and twirled her locks of hair between my fingers. She really was angelic. As much as I wanted to stay there and savour the moment, I didn't want to make Janet feel uncomfortable. I carefully pried myself off of her and headed to the kitchen to make myself a coffee. I turned around to grab the coffee powder when I heard a strange noise behind me. I turned around. It was Janet. She looked like a godess. She had an oversized t shirt on and it was excentuating her curves. She looked uncomfortable. Like something was on her mind. I felt myself pale at what was about to come.

"Listen Katrina, we're bestfriends and we were both wasted last night. It didn't mean anything. It was a mistake. Can we please just forget about it?", Janet asked, desperation coating her voice.

"Da, I agree, just a mistake", I replied. Forcing a smile.

"However I can say with 100% certainty that that was the best sex I have ever had", Janet said, whilst clenching her thighs.

That broke me. I have been through all kinds of unimaginable  pain in my life. Yet, that one sentence, broke me. I gave Janet my heart and she just tore it up and gave it back to me, expecting me to put it back together. She would never love me like that, so we would just have to love each other as bestfriends. She was right though. Never in my life have I underperformed when it comes to the bedroom.

"We have to go get the kids", Janet stated. "C'mon, let's go get ready."
With that, me and Janet both got changed and hopped into her Jeep. We collected the kids from Chad, he was pissed for some unknown reason. Janet and I were now sitting on her couch, watching Netflix. She had picked out a show called Heartstopper. Basically, to pathetic teenage boys become bestfriends, they are polar opposites, and then they fall in love. It kinda reminds me of Janet and myself. We were cuddled up under a blanked because it was cold. We were bestfriends after all. One of my arms was wrapped around Janet's shoulders and the other was coiled around her waist. She was sitting in my lap and fiddling with my fingers, her head was leant back resting on my chest. I was playing with her hair again. Both of us were relaxed and carefree. Not a worry in the world. No one could disturb us. I jinxed it.

The front door burst open revealing what looked like a 60year old woman. Wearing a faded orange and yellow cardigan. "Oh my god, I always knew it was the very attractive international woman. So this is who you have been going on about, my little linguini. I'm very hip, I'm very now. Did you two aahhhhh-" she said, eyeing me and Janet and using her two fingers winking at us. This, was awkward.