CHAPTER 6 : Where'd All The Times Go.

Ashley's POV
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

Hey, Dad! Any luck on your invention that you have been working on?
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
As you can see, my Dad is a scientist and inventor, he has been working on this big project that somehow could "change the world"?? That's what he said about it. But i believe him, since he is my Dad after all. I am proud of him. I am sure it would be a success, i mean, most of his inventions turned out to work. I may not be smart as my Dad nor not like my Dad. I am quite the opposite, I do painting and sketching. It's a thing i do that i am great at it. Although, sometimes Dad, I wouldn't say "forced" but he just want help from me, even though I suck at it.
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
Not yet, honey! I’m getting there, you know? Goodness, almost feel like I am losing hope.
ㅤㅤ

Dad. Don't give up. Plus, it's looking great. Hopefully this will literally change the world just like you said.
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
I looked at Dad, giving him a hug, because he needed it. He works hard, and absolutely needs support and love. But, since I am the only one by his side, I can do it. Times like this, only get once, because, since he is busy almost all time, he would ignore me. Not have time for me. Usually when we do that, our time together is like minutes, then not talk. I wanna talk to him, but I feel like i am disturbing his creation. And I am not that type of person. I let him be.
ㅤㅤ

Years ago, before my Mom died, he was happy. With her. Then, that's the time when I was born, things went down hill for us, Dad didn't care about his family anymore and decided to persue his career of becoming a scientist and inventor, because he didn't want his skills and talent to hide from the darkness, so, he went to the light, but, he knew that there will be consequences when he went to the light. He lost his one and only family he had, since I am only child, he also lost his only daughter he had. He almost feel like he doesn't care about me after Mom died, and he said he blames himself on why she died which obviously it's not his fault.
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
I'm going out, just go get some supplies! I'll be back before midnight, alright?? Bye!
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
There he goes. Off to doing something probably crazy. I know he is lying cause usually he will be back until 2 AM or some sort, going out with his friends, drinking, talking about some stuff. Yep. Been like this, but get used to it anyways.
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

*SWITCHES TO HENRY'S POV*

The usual, Mr. Gregory?

Of course, Ted. You know me, I come here all the time.

How's going with you and your daughter recently?

Well, uhm Ted. We don't talk about that, man. Sorry.

ㅤㅤ

Life. Taking care of my precious Ashley was a challenge for me. I am a scientist, inventor, and father. I cannot be that all at once! But, the most important role in this, to be a father, deeply inside, she needs me, every kid needs to have a parent or guardian by their side. And i am not good at that lately... I got so caught up  with building this masterpiece that would change the world but, I don't  know. I am scared of talking about my daughter because I don't want them to know that I have been a bad father to her, and she is the only daughter that I have. I mean she's all grown up now, I guess she can take care of herself.