Chapter 1: Fairytail (I)

In the port town of Hargeon.

The train pulls to a stop, as several people start getting off the train a tall girl with black spikes hair that goes all the way to her waist gets up from her seat. Her clothes consist of a black gi, fingerless gloves and black combat boots with straps with a wooden staff strapped to her back. Sitting in front of her is a young man with salmon colored haired with a flying blue cat on his side.

"We've reached Hargeon, Natsu! Get up! Get up!" The flying blue cat yells, he huffs and turns to the black haired girl. "Kari! I need some help here!" He says and the girl named Kari sighs.

"I missed training with Master Roshi for this...." She mumbles and gets up from her seat. "Oi, wake up!" She pokes Natsu with her staff. Natsu groaned but stayed put. Kari grabs Natsu by his scarf and drags him off the train.

"Happy, where are we again?" Kari asks the flying exceed. "We're in Hargeon."

Kari let's Natsu fall face first onto the concrete. "Never again.... I'm never riding a train again..." Natsu groans before getting up onto his feet.

"Natsu, you still haven't told me why you brought me here." Kari says. "Me and Happy are tracking down this Salamander guy. I heard he's really strong!" Natsu says and Happy nods. "Aye! If our information is correct, the Salamander should be in this town." Happy adds.

"Seriously? I could be training right now." Kari says with a frown. "For all we know this guy might not even be strong at all."

"Of course you'd say that!" Happy yells. "Didn't fight the Demon king piccolo? He was really strong, almost on Gildarts level and you defeated him."

"Yeah, you might be stronger than Erza!" Natsu exclaimed, Kari's face paled. "Let's not go THAT far now.... She's scary." Kari says.

"Well anyway, let's go!" Happy says.

Natsu's face turns green and doubled over. "G-Gimme a minute first..." Both Kari and Hapy sweat dropped.

===========================

Elsewhere, a blonde girl, named Lucy Heartfilia, walks inside a store.

"What? There's only one Magic store in town?" She is leaning on the counter in the small shop with a distressed expression.

"Yes. This town lives off the fishing business instead of magic. Not even a tenth of the people in this town use magic, so this store specializes in selling to traveling wizards." The store owner explains, Lucy sighs. "I guess this was a total bust, then?"

"Now, now, don't say that." The man says. "Please, have a look. I have a lot of new merchandise, you know. Girls just love this ColorS magic. You can switch the color of your clothes to whatever you feel like that day!" The man happily holds up a small magical device and fiddles with it, then suddenly his green shirt turns purple. "Like this!" He says and notices that Lucy isn't even paying any attention to him.

"I already have that one." Lucy says bored. "I'm shopping for some powerful gate keys."

"Gates, huh? Those are rare..." The old man says.

Lucy looks around and notices a silver gate key.

"This is the white puppy, White Doggy!" She exclaims happily examining the key. "That one's not powerful at all...." The old man sweat drops.

"So what?" Lucy says. "I was looking for it... How much?"

"20,000 jewel." Both Lucy and the owner have a dark expression on their faces. "How much might it be again?" She asks sweetly, a invisible tick mark forms on her cheek.