Smartie Pants

Two of my favorite songs had already been played. Singing Voule-Vouz with my friends gave me so much happiness. Nate was on his phone calling someone and asking where that person was. Probably some of his friends were late for the party.

Riley and her best friend Tina were glaring and giggling at my brother. Elizabeth and Josh were drinking lemonade and looking directly into each other's eyes. Their love was inspiring. They had been together since they were fifteen and still their relationship was full of compassion and love. Josh was Lizzie's first boyfriend ever which made this story even more motivational. 

Adeline on the other hand thought that love was tough and that it was not her thing. She had one boyfriend in her life who cheated on her after two years of dating. I still remember that day as if it happened yesterday. Thanks to Nate, she could break up with him very soon. Nate was in the park walking from the cinema to home when he saw Jacob, Adeline's ex-boyfriend, kissing a girl on the lips. He immediately told me and I informed Adeline about it.

...I could feel Owen's eyes landing and staying on me. I smiled at him and we made long eye contact. His eyes were full of passion and kindness. Who wouldn't just adore him?!

-Hey, Jan- Adeline waved to me-can we talk for a moment?

-Yes, sure.

She led me to the nearest corner and burst out laughing.

-I think he will kiss you tonight-she giggled so hard.

-What? No, of course! Why?

-I mean, duh! He will be like Lavender Brown in Harry Potter. Remember when she...

-Kissed Ron at the party? Yes. How could I forget the moment from my favorite book and movie?

She shrugged and continued describing her happy emotions.

-Imagine....Just imagine him kissing you today and saying "Jane I love you...WIll you marry me"?-she made a serious face and after burst out laughing again.

I slightly punched her on the arm.

-What marry> Are you feeling good in your mind?

-The boy who my best friend daydreams about might kiss her today, do you think I am feeling alright?!

-Calm down, are you insane?-I yelled in a whisper and giggled again.

After this strange conversation, we went back to our friends to continue having fun.

-Oh, he came-Nate went outside of the house.

-Who came?-I asked and everybody shrugged.

"Wake me up before you go-go" started playing and of course, we all started singing and dancing.

Owen's voice sounded amazing, to be honest. I was in a band for a while so I didn't have problems at singing as Riley did. She had a very high-pitched voice and it was not easy and convenient for her to reach lower tones.

I felt so incredibly excited and glad that I was here, with my friends and many other people from my school, singing my favorite songs and eating my favorite chocolates.

When the song finished I had this strange urge to hug Owen, but as I stared at him, he wrapped his hands around my waist and hugged me instead.

-I feel so relived-he chuckled. 

He then looked at his friend Bryan and told him something about an upcoming soccer game.

-Hey Smartie Pants-I heard a very familiar voice speaking behind me. I felt this weird emotion and butterflies or just the opposite, ants in my stomach and an exciting but painful feeling in my veins. I turned around slowly and I saw him. The boy who I loved for nearly five years. The boy who was my middle school crush. The guy who was my brother's best friend, but I couldn't see him anywhere for the past years, because he went to another school in California. And now, he, Steve Marshall was standing in front of me, calling me by my childhood nicknames.

He definitely saw my confused face and added:

-Did you miss me, Smartie Pants?