Good night, darling

-Hey-Steve approached me as I said thanks to Riley for the party-I have no idea when I will see you. Basically, have a great August and I am very happy that I met with you all today-he said this and hugged me tightly. I wrapped my hands around him as well and slightly blushed.

We were standing like this for a long time, almost snuggling in each other's arms. We were both speechless and were listening to the voices of our friends along with a slight sound of the wind. 

-Hey, Jane-Owen called me out of nowhere.

I pulled out of a hug and approached him.

-It was great today and thanks for forcing me to come-he ran his fingers to his hair.

-What thanks, come on!

-No, I seriously enjoyed this very much, I have to go now, but I will call you later-he said and kissed my cheek. Owen Willson just kissed my cheek. I blushed immediately and didn't know what to say or do, but Owen went to his car, waved goodbye, and left. I turned back to Steve, who was looking down at his black Adidas sneakers. I wasn't sure what to do, so I slowly walked to him.

-So, I hope I will see you around-I told him.

He nodded with an expression as if he was coming up with a master plan. I looked at his beautiful lips which were magnificently perfect since the day I met him when I was only six years old. He had a small and appealing nose,  which looked adorable when he scruched it. His messy, brown hair on which he usually used hairspray was always amazing. Although, I had seen him without the spray so many times. He looked like he had a tiny jungle on his head, but even that was stunning. At this moment, I understood how much I loved and cared about him. He was unique and perfect in every way, but there was still some grudge in my heart. I just couldn't confess. He had his own life and I had mine. Plus, I already loved Owen, so it was even more messed up.

We were standing like little kids for a long time, just looking at each other's shoes. Finally, Nate came with a happy grin on his face.

-My dear friend-he turned to Steve-what will you say about staying at my house tonight?

I felt my heart pumping hard.

-I will say yes, of course, if your sister doesn't have problems-he laughed.

-Problems?-I gasped jokingly-No, you are problematic, without a doubt, but I don't have anything against you staying at our place.

-Alright then-Steve said-I will still call my mom because otherwise, she will think that I am spending a night at some girl's home.

I slightly chuckled at his joke. I knew that he wasn't a type like that.

After a fifteen-minute drive, we approached our house and went outside of my brother's car. I opened the door and heard a yell from my mom. "You came' she cried and ran downstairs to hug Steve. Steve opened his arms and wrapped them around my mom as if she was his own. 

"You are even taller than Nate and Jane"-she was muttering. We were tall people, I shall say. I was nearly 179 and my brother was three centimeters taller. 

-With only one centimeter than me-Nate corrected my mom and slightly punched his friend.

-Where's dad?-I asked.

-Oh, he is staying at grandma's today-my mom told me-she is sad after grandpa's death so she needs someone to talk to. And her son is of course the best choice.

-Wait, your grandpa died?-Steve gasped-I am so extremely sorry. How? Why?

-Age-Nate said very shortly-He was seventy-nine and got a virus which destroyed him.

-I am so sorry-Steve almost whispered.

-Okay now let us talk about something else-my mom cheered us up-Come in let's talk.

We talked for about an hour about Steve's plans and all of those things and finally, we went to sleep. I quickly took shower and brushed my teeth hysterically for no reason.

I was going to my bedroom when I slightly glanced into the boys' room where they were playing a video game on my brother's PlayStation. I sighed and went to my room.

I heard footsteps going to the bathroom and another somewhere else. Someone knocked on my door and came in. It was Steve in his black and green Pajamas. 

-May I?

I nodded. He came in and sat next to me on my bed and observed my room.

-Still have posters of Queen, right?-he said and started singing "Don't stop me now" trying to impersonate Freddie Mercury.

I laughed hard and said not to make fun of my favorite singer and band. 

-Still a minimalist I see-he said after a small observation of my room once again-White walls, with some posters and frames. Same color cupboards with some lightning decorations. May seem a lot but actually very minimalistic, I am glad. Minimalists are the best.

I chuckled and saw him looking at my bookshelves.

-Favorite book for now?-he asked.

-A lot-I answered.

-Name some.

-"Murder on Orient Express", "Death in the clouds", "Cather in the Rye", "Sapiens", "Lord of the rings", "Pride and Prejudice"...

-Alright, alright stop, we get it-he told me and rolled on my bed.

-Yours?- I asked.

-"Sapiens" is my number one. And "Hobbit" of course -his answers made me incredibly happy.

-Are you sleepy?-he asked. 

-A little. You?

-A little. 

-You know what?-he said while looking at the ceeling-I think you grew up a lot.

-Oh well I am only eight months younger than you-I threw my pillow at him.

He threw it back at me.

-Augh, it hurt-I put my hand on my forehead.

-Oh, I am so sorry-he sat back immediately-how can I help you? I am so sorry...Wait, did you just joke?

-Mhm-I nodded for the agreement and threw a pillow back at him-I work out, darling, I am not that weak.

-Shall we test that?-he said it and made me blush-I will throw a pillow with my whole strength...Okay, I am joking.

-I know, darling.

-Stop calling me darling, darling.

-Heck you!

-You too.

He stood up after, went to the door and said "Good night, darling".