Past love

I woke up after a dream I didn't really remember and got up immediately. In general, I spend almost an hour in bed after waking up. I quickly put on my black T-Shirt and jeans and walked to the bathroom. There was no noise from the boys' room which made me think that they were still asleep. 

I quickly brushed my teeth and put a wet hand on my forehead which slightly hurt. To be honest, I don't understand the people who brush their teeth after breakfast. When you wake up, you may have bacteria in your teeth so you should brush them before you'll eat. But sometimes I brush my teeth after breakfast as well. Especially after eating sausages or bacon.

I ran downstairs for breakfast and to check if my dad was back, but he wasn't. Grandma actually had a tough time so she needed somebody by her side. I visited her two days ago and was planning on doing that soon again. It was nine o'clock, which was not late, but not early. I could smell the delicious scent of English Breakfast. My mom was born in England and she spent her childhood there. Her accent? Well, it changed to American. She and her family came here when mom started university. I and Nate have German genes as well. From dad's side though, Grandma was born in Germany, Frankfurt. I've been there lots of times and it is incredibly majestic. 

-Hey, sweetie-mom kissed me on the cheek as she used to every morning when I was little. 

-Hey, mom-I kissed her cheek as well.

-Wake boys up, they are already big for sleeping until 10-11 a.m.

-It will be my pleasure, mother-I said with my British accent which I did pretty well.

I rushed upstairs, to my brother's room, and looked down at two sleepy faces. My brother was handsome indeed, but for me, Steve was on another level of beautifulness. 

-Nate, it's our first day of university, don't be late-I yelled.

He opened his eyes and the same did Steve. I had a proud smirk on my face and could tell that Nate hated my terrible joke.

-Mom sent me to wake you two sleepyheads up.

-You devil-Nate almost screamed as he did in childhood and Steve laughed at our action. 

-You two haven't changed at all-he said and quickly got up and slowly went to the bathroom.

Nate shot me a death glare as I messed his hair and told me to leave.

___________________________________________________________________-

-Black pudding is so amazing-Steve said as he tasted it-I haven't eaten it for ages.

-I am glad you like it-mom smiled very warmly.

-My mom usually makes it without black pudding and I have no slightest clue or idea why -he added and sipped some coffee.

-As far as I remember you always wanted to drink coffee as a child-mom told him and smiled again.

-So, Steve-mom said-Do you have a girlfriend? I hope you will say yes to show my strange children that love doesn't always end badly.

-Unfortunately, I am not the best person to prove it. I myself don't have a girlfriend at the moment. I had one five months ago though. But she cheated on me after almost one year of dating which was very unexpected. But it was better for me. She wasn't the one. ur relationship wasn't the best as well. She was an introvert, quiet, very calm, and serious in all ways. I am not very comfortable around introverts, you see?  I am more into extroverts, free-spirited, witty, and energetic girls. And my ex was so unemotional and still.

My mom nodded in agreement while I and Nate were switching our food. I gave him one of my fried eggs and he gave me two slices of bacon. 

-Past love hurt in all of you guys' situations as I see-mom sighed-But I am sure that you all will find someone soon or late.

-Past love-Steve muttered-sounds so dramatic.