Did you miss me?

-Hello, Smartie Pants, do you hear me or not?-Steve chuckled at the confused expression on my face and waved a hand in front of my eyes. He looked absolutely amazing. He was very handsome and his brown hair was messy as always. The last time when I saw him, he was not this good-looking. 

-Steve-I finally muttered-I barely recognized you-I lied because of embarrassment.

He opened his arms and hugged me. I was hoping that he wouldn't hear my heartbeat which was extremely fast. After our awkward hug, he gazed at me and I stared at him back.

-You look so...different-he said.

The last time he saw me, I was not this tall and thin. But he was totally desperate. 

-You too-I murmured and smiled while trying hard not to blush.

He had a very friendly look on his face and was gazing around to see his old friends.

Nate went to grab a soda for Steve and my old love was left with me in the middle of the crowd. I gave Adeline a shocked look and she immediately started panicking when she saw Steve. She whispered something to Elizabeth who gasped.

-So-Steve messed his hair. His black hoodie suited his eyes and hair so badly-What is new in your life?

-Nothing much. I will go to the university this year and I am pretty thrilled about it. What about you? How come you are in New York?

-We moved back here, because of my grandma. She is old already and it will be better for me and my family to be with her. And plus, I love New York much more than California. I was going to the university there. It was great, obviously, but I am very eager to go to university here. I don't know which one though. 

-I will study at NYU-I murmured and remembered Owen's existence.

-Oh, it's great, but I don't think I will learn there. 

I didn't know if I was glad or not. I missed him so much and wanted to hug him again, but I wanted to have a healthy and happy relationship with Owen as well.

-What about love life?-Steve got sort of serious.

I got elevated because he showed some interest in my private life.

-Well, I had a boyfriend a year ago, but now not-I told him and gave him a "What about you" gaze.

-Same situation with me. I had a girlfriend who cheated on me after eleven months of dating-he said-But I am glad that this happened. Otherwise, I would be stuck with that introverted little rabbit.

I chuckled and looked around to see Owen. He stared at me back and smiled. I wanted to return this smile, but I couldn't. Steve surely saw that I was interested in someone or something behind him, so he looked there as well.

-Do you like this dude?-he asked me-That brunette with blue eyes.

-What? No! We are just great, close friends-I said and at that moment I absolutely hated myself. What close friend?! I liked him very much!

-So you don't like anyone?-he asked me again.

-It's complicated-I finally said something after some seconds.

He nodded and shrugged when I asked him the same question.

-Probably no-he answered-But I think that I will fall in love soon-he glanced at me.

I wanted to say something, but some other boys saw their old friend and came to talk with him.