My old Steve

-How is it possible?-Elizabeth gasped and looked at Steve who was dancing to one of my favorite songs "Shout at the devil" with his old friends. Owen was on the other side of the room talking to his cousin Lillian who was a year younger than us but still was invited to the party. 

-I have no idea. He just popped out of nowhere-I closed my eyes for a moment-but now I have many plans with Owen, so instead of falling in love with Steve once again, I will spend this party with Owen, go to the university with him and enjoy the moment.

Adeline shrugged hopelessly and said that things would change soon, but I ignored her comment and pulled two of my best friends to the dancefloor.

-Hello ladies-Nate came to us-hopefully you didn't drink any alcohol, didn't you?

-Relax, brother. I and Adeline hate alcohol and Elizabeth refuses to drink more than one tiny glass, so you can stay calm and don't worry about us. But I am worried about you. 

-I think Nate is drunk already-Elizabeth whispered and giggled.

Nate rolled his eyes because we all perfectly knew that he despised alcohol and only drank "Sprite" at the party.

-Anyway, Jane, we should go home in two or three hours. It is ten already.

-Fine, brother, fine!-I yelled at him because the music was too loud.

Suddenly Steve approached us with his dose of soda. 

-Is it just me or Riley is glancing at our little boy, Nate?-he teased my brother.

-Trust me, Steve, she is obsessed with him-Adeline told him.

Nate rolled his eyes and looked at Riley who was waiting to make eye contact with him.

-All of us together again-Steve wrapped his arms around me and Adeline because he was standing between us two- Wait, where are Chris, Kate, and Matt? 

Chris and Kate were his and Nate's old classmates and Matt was from our class. Me, Adeline, Lizzie, Nate, Steve, Chris, Matt, and Kate were this unstoppable group in our school. We all lived in one neighborhood and were very close friends.

-Kate's not here, she is in Rome for vacation-I said-Chris left early, because he is going to Los Angeles very early tomorrow and Matt is somewhere here.

-Jane-Lizzie whispered and tilted her head to the right a little.

I looked there and saw Owen coming.

-Hey, guys. What are you all doing here in a circle?-he said.

-Nothing much-Nate said and looked at Steve's arms still wrapped around me and Adeline's shoulders. Owen noticed that as well and let out a quick sigh.

-You're Steve, right?-he turned to Steve.

-Yeah, I am Steve. How do you...

-You switched schools, right? In middle school?

-Yes...

-I am girls' classmate Owen. I was in their parallel class, but then after 8th grade, I joined their grade.

-Oh, so you are Owen Willson? Dear Lord, you have changed so much-Steve shook Owen's hand, finally removing his arm from my shoulders.

-I thought you left in California?

-Yes, but now I'm back. California was amazing, but nothing is better than New York.

Owen gazed at me, but I voided looking back, just because I was misunderstood by myself again. I didn't know what to do, except think about Steve. My old Steve.