Chapter 2

PRAKRUTHI

I gulped looking at the 'very' tall figure infront of me. He looked like an electricity pole to me. How am I supposed to even reach his neck? I mean it's not like I'm this thin...prim and prop chick...I am a perfect south Indian. I love my rice, fish and sweets. Poor cousins of mine can't even dream to carry me to reach his height.

Just when I was in my thoughts I saw how he bent slowly towards my height and that's when my heart starting beating really hard.

First time ever I notice him this close.

Perfectly carved jawline, dark brown eyes, thick eyebrows, thick stubble, glowing skin, long face and pink lips. His strong cinammon perfume hits my nose and I almost forget to breathe.

For a brief second I wondered if he is a psycho killer or maybe my sister has an eye infection. Because no sane woman who drools over good looking bollywood actors would simply say no to him. I wonder why? Now I seriously had my own doubts. Because I am not a person who falls for good looks. I fall for a complete package.

Intelligence, attitude, charms and last comes good looks. But to Avanthi things went in an exactly opposite order. She and my cousin Prarthana aka Pattu would always drool over good looking men and this man was a whole fucking treasure of good looks. It's not that Neil wasn't good looking. Infact when dad sent me his picture and I had a video call with him. I found him extremely handsome but this one was like carved perfectly directly by Greek God Adonis himself.

His eyes stared straight into my soul and I couldn't take my eyes off his eyes. We were staring into each other while Paro aunty whispered in my ears

'Pakku... garland!!! Make him wear it' and that's when I came out of my wonderland and I nodded and made him wear the garland. Next he slowly made me wear a garland which got stuck in my complicated hairdo and I winced in pain and that's when I heard his voice 'Ohhhh I am sorry' and I froze. I had a thing for men with deep voices. My brother-in-law... Pattu's husband Rudra Bhavaji (brother-in-law) has an extremely deep voice and I had seen Pattu left mesmerized at times. Although I don't drool over men, I'm still fond of men with strong deep voices. I always find that sexy. At least one quality matches my checklist because the rest wasn't how I wished my groom would be.

I am 5 ft 1 inches tall and when they wanted me to marry Neil, I wondered how I would manage because Neil was 6 ft tall himself. I always wanted men who would be 5.8 or 5.9. That way I didn't have to hear it from people because all my life I was fed up of being called a shorty. But irony I am getting married to someone a feet and a half taller than me.

I always wanted to get married to a software engineer who could understand machines because I wanted a husband who could understand and support me in my profession but here I was getting married to a businessman.

I had dreams of marrying a man who would also love Indian movies specially masala bollywood movies just like me but I wonder if this Mister NRI even understands Hindi language rest bollywood.

Above all I wanted to marry someone who would marry me for who I was and here I was getting married to someone who didn't even know my name until the telephonic conversation we had after dad told me that Neil denied from getting married to me.

'But what did my daughter do Sharadha Akka (sister)...why is she getting punished for Avanthi 's decisions... please tell your son this isn't fair..' my father was tearing up as he practically begged Neil's mother and she held my father's hands and said

'Mr Kamath I know...I am extremely upset and angry with Avanthi 's abrupt decision but I'm also pissed off with what Neil has done. We don't even know what to do. I mean I completely understand the state you are in because even we are in the same state. Infact my son and I are in the worse state. In a few hours we have guests arriving to the wedding hall and I don't even know if we should go there? If we should begin the Kashi Yaatra ritual or not??? How can our kids be this irresponsible!!!' she exclaimed