Chapter 30

KEDAR

'Cheers!!!' and then the beer mugs clinked against each other and next second my back went stiff as Omkar Anna slapped my shoulder like he weighed nothing although I guess I will have a nice handprint on my shoulder in a few hours.

'Our Ken is a cutie!! I mean a Nayak who doesn't drink!!! That is cute!!!' and I narrowed my eyebrows saying

'I am not cute Anna!!! It's just that I don't like the taste of beer...it's bitter!!!' I said and sipped my grape juice.

'Ohhh you have no idea Omkar Anna...Bro just hates it!!! Once we tried to trick him into drinking it and he quickly spat out the drink. Sharp tastebuds!!! In fact he won't even drink Cava in spite of having a whole heart for Spanish cuisine just because it's bitter!!!' and this time it was Neil.

I looked at him and then he looked at me with the same innocent smile that he kept passing me since he was a child. 5 years of age difference isn't much but I really do consider him like a baby and no I cannot be angry with him for too long.

I smiled at him and he genuinely smiled back and next second I knew he threw his arms around me and I was pulled into a tight hug such that Omkar Anna, Rudra and Shivansh were all smiling silently looking at us. I wrapped my arms around him and patted his head like I always did every time he came to me apologizing after he acknowledged his mistakes since our childhood days.

'Thank you Anna and I'm sor-'

'Shhh!!! Let the bygones be bygones!!! I have no complaints Neil!!! Because you said no to Prakruthi I have her in my life as my wife. Then although your decision was abrupt but atleast you didn't marry Prakruthi for the sake of it. And honestly I'm happy with her.' and the next second I heard a 'Ooooooooooooooh' from the Nayak men.

Shit!!! Looks like Mi Esposa is influencing my speech a little too much nowadays. I must control my tongue.

I slowly see Neil as well pressing his lips tightly and smiling looking at me and I next listen Omkar Anna clearing his throat.

We were right now sitting on the terrace of my bungalow after my wife ordered me to not enter the Nayak bungalow tonight and that followed all other Nayak wives boycotting their husbands tonight. So here we are under the starlit sky with drinks and snacks, of course me with my grape juice discussing our lives.

'Welllll looks like someone doesn't regret the 'Destiny's Exchange Offer' so much!!!' and I ignored the question and went on to pick some banana chips.

But Shivansh quickly pulled the bowl off my hands and said
'Hmmmmmm not so easily Kedar Anna...Looks like someone's marital life spiced up off late!!!' and I rolled my eyes and went to pick some potato wafers while Rudra pulled the bowl from my hands saying

'The Health Freak Kedar Nayak is eating chips for midnight munching!!! Wasn't this the same guy who would tell us when he first came from Hollywood that 'Ohhhhh!!! Those chips are unhealthy...these sweets are calories...oh fructose...oh sucrose...oh refined flour!!! And now...you are drinking grape juice at midnight and munching upon chips!!! Wellllll something definitely changed in a month!!! I mean I can understand Prakruthi Vanni is Pattu's cousin so practically I can say there is definitely some level of madness involved but this much that it can change a strong headed man like you!!! Daddy Ken is turning into a love sick puppy hannn' saying Rudra and Omkar Anna high fived each other.

'Rubbish!!! I'm just trying to you know... mingle alongside!!!' I tried to justify my actions to which Neil burst out laughing and said 'Anna you haven't eaten chips since your college days!!! I don't think there is another health freak like you and you eating chips is definitely fishy. I mean Prakruthi is definitely something!!!' Neil added and everyone gave me their creepy smiles.