Walking on broken glass

The constant wail made me freeze. I couldn't move. There was shattered glass everywhere, but I couldn't feel the cuts on my hands or see the two boys scrambling around me. All I could think was: I don't know who's going to kill me first. And then, I don't want either of them to kill me.

My breathing was short and sharp. The lights were getting too bright, the noise blaring around me, but I couldn't hear anything. Nothing was straight, the world was titling. My hands flew up to my ears. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't force enough air into my lungs. Everything was turning red. Red. The color that stained my hands. The color in the sink. The color that always trailed in my footsteps.

Someone was kneeling beside me, but my eyes wouldn't focus. Hands grasped my wrists. My already dangerously fast pulse skyrocketed. I scrambled backward. Another pair of hands wrapped around me. My sixth sense was spiraling out of control, I couldn't tell where all the threats were coming from. All I could pick out were pieces of sentences.

".....stop...kid."

"....okay, calm...."

"....In out..."

"....Stay....Bleeding."

I thrashed and kicked, pulling at the arms, but they wouldn't budge, they pulled me up until my back was pressed against something solid and warm, it rose and fell slowly.

"Calm.....In...out."

".....Breathe..."

Breathe. I needed to breathe. Focus.

I tightened my grip on the arms but forced myself to slow my breathing. Slowly my rhythm began to match whoever was holding me. The lights dimmed and were no longer flashing. The sounds became more crisp and quiet.

The first thing I became acutely aware of was the 'someone' holding me. I hadn't been this close to anyone in years unless it was to give a punch or receive one.

The second thing I was aware of was the three security guards and one Avenger questioning the two boys and girls. An Avenger?

My breath kicked up again and I jerked trying to push out of the arms.

"Hey, hey, hey." Said a calming male voice. "It's okay, breathe." The arms started to slowly loosen and then let me go. I jumped up and turned around and I was met with Captain America. Two Avengers. This has to be some sort of karma. I had just had a panic attack in front of two Avengers, two things I didn't want all rolled into one. I couldn't predict how things were going to go down, but what

"You okay?" He asked. I realized I was on the verge of a second panic attack. I quickly solidified my expression, relaxed my arm, and then widened my stance a fraction.

"I'm Fine." I just got caught by someone who wants to tear out my eyes by doing something I shouldn't have stuck my nose in the first place. Plus I added in a panic attack for a bit of flare and my hand is bleeding, soyeah, I'm fantastic.

"So...." Said someone behind me I jumped again and spun around. Clint Barton, Snipper, Avenger, Hawkeye. Perfect just the two people I wanted to be killed by today. He looked down at my hands, I followed his gaze. "You're bleeding. A lot."

Something in my brain was definitely short-circuiting. "It's not that much," I replied, just as a drop splattered on the floor.

"Actually it is," Rogers answered back. He looked up to Barton and something unreadable passed between them. Barton left and came back with some bandages.