Burried Secrets

The next day I was up like usual, getting ready for school, when my Father appeared at my door.

"I am going to be out of town for a few weeks, I expect you to take care of things here. Don't disappoint me, do you understand?"

I remembered to breathe. "Yes, sir. I understand."

"Good, be productive."

And just like that he was gone. I released a breath. Gone for weeks? I could finally get a job?

I waited till the front door slammed to even move. Once I couldn't hear the car anymore, I stifled a girlish shriek. He had said 'Weeks'!

In the middle of my glee my phone dinged. I picked it up.

Clint

you still busy this Friday?

I could say no. l should say no. They did try to kill me last week. But I did want to go, I did want to talk to them just a little bit more and my Father was going to be gone. Maybe just once more.

Kira

No, actually I am currently free of this world's burdens.

Clint

Finally!

It's game night this Fri. Happy'll pick you up after school. I never did get to destroy you at Mario Kart last time.

Kira

I will have you know I am a Mario Kart champion!

Clint

Oh, really?

Kira

No, I've actually never played.

Clint

No, worries, you'll learn fast

Also Bruce wants to check your stitches again.

Crap.

Kira

Actually, my dad took me to the doctor and had they removed them, so they don't need to be checked.

Clint

Okay, you sure? Bruce wouldn't mind.

Kira

Yeah, it doesn't even hurt.

Thanks though

Clint

Okay

See you friday

Kira

okay byed

On Friday Mr. Delightful picked me up from school and again the drive was silent and at least for me, tense.

Tar had settled in my stomach and I couldn't help but regret my choice, again. I had done it twice. THis is what I had felt the first time, yet here I was again digging myself a deeper grave. What am I doing? Making excuses? Why?

There weren't answers and again it was too late to do anything. Oh, god I must be doomed to curse myself.

The car pulled into the garage and I rode the elevator up to the penthouse suit by myself. When the doors opened I was accosted by arguing, music, pot and pans being clanged together as well as the smell of something burning.