Vigilante

A/N: This is Kiras new outfit :)

    I lay sprawled on my bed. I should have been training. Doing anything productive really, but I wasn't. I felt...not numb, but something more the opposite...Conflicted.

Everything was complicated. I had made a stupid descision twice. I put myself in not one but two crosshairs, just for a pathetic show of rebellion that I never intended for my father to see, because I was too scared. He was right, I am a disappointment, I could never live on my own, no matter how much I wanted nothing to do with him. Sure he made me bleed, but at least I was stronger than I would have been without him.

Oh, god why did I go? I just hadn't been thinking at all.

As everything boiled inside me my senses expanded, in response to the stress, filling my head with over exaggerated input.

I pressed my palms on my ears to cut out the noise. I could hear every whisper in a half mile radius, my head was pounding.

I stumbled into the kitchen and downed two cups of water trying to drown out the throbbing pulse of my own heartbeat.

I paced around the room, trying to work out some of the tension in my muscles. I needed something to do. Something I could change.

Ideas passed through my mind, all dissipating until one stuck. The bullies weren't going to get expelled or dealt anymore than a slap on the wrist. I could fix that. That I could change.

All of the bullies had been in their fair share of illegal activities for sure. All I had to do was properly frame them for their actions. Piece of cake.

I pulled out my laptop and brought up incomplete criminal records. All of them had two or three occasions where they were caught with drugs on them. I could use that. All I had to do was give them some slow sedation and nitrous oxide, put a large amount of drugs in their backpacks and then drop them in a public place with lots of witnesses.

I checked the time, 4:30. There was still time left in the day.

Getting ready was almost automatic. I pulled on my nice fitting cargo pants long sleeve shirt, gloves, combat boots, and mask.

It was only when I was shoving my glock into its respective hoster that I realized everyone would know I was the Shadow of Death. It was everything I had worn when working for my father. This would have to be someone else working. I needed to be a completely different person.

I pursed my lips and thought, what I wouldn't do. It didn't take long for an image to fill my head.

A smirk snuck on to my face.

I disgared all of my clothes and dug through my meager closet to find something I had fished out of the lost and found baskets that would suit. I found one tight fitting, muted and fading turquoise hoodie with a black star on it. The fabric was worn so it stretched easily. perfect.

I paired the jacket with some black skinny jeans that had a slightly different shade of bright teal paint splatters. A match made for me.

That was the first fun part. The next was accessorizing it.

I uncliped my holsters and instead added thigh sheaths with throwing knives. I added some batons to my back and a black satchel that belted around my leg. There were a few other miscellaneous things I added too, like tasers and pepper spray. I added some sedative and nitrous oxide in my boots.

When I looked in the mirror, I almost laughed. I looked like an insane clown ready to graffiti a train tunnel. Today would be a day of trying new things, teachers had always told me to do that, so at least someone would be proud.